Sarawak Kuching

scoobydoo

Been many times, first about 1991, last time about 2 years ago. Always for work. Last visit stayed at the Pullman hotel, big place on a bit of a hill, prior to that I think it was always the Hilton, downtown which covers quite an area, think typical Malaysian provincial city. If you have trips sorted then you are doing well, truly I cannot think there would be that much to do there, KK and Sabah more for holidaying I would think.

I never had a bad time there but I was either with company or we sourced some locally. What with that and working the days were full enough.

Er, enjoy!

ok thanks!....well I have bako national park (want to see the proboscis monkeys...my 3rd cousins!), the orang-utan rehab reserve and a 4x4 off road tour to villages and caves near the Indonesian border ....some with human skulls at the village gates apparently.....maybe adding ours later. I am lead to believe malaria isn't a major risk in and around Kuching but like elsewhere in SEA dengue fever a risk....I have booked the Pullman coincidently...only 42 quid a night!....reading between the lines are you saying Kuching is dull?....kind of looks interesting.....I have been to Malaysia mainland twice and found it ok....great food, nice people....lacks the charm of Thailand but I have always wanted to go to borneo before its completed covered in palm oil trees.....my daughter is still of an age where this place will enchant her

Archived