Thai Flight Forced To Return By Unruly Chinese Passengers

Flashermac

Bangkok (AFP) - A low-cost flight carrying passengers from Thailand to China was forced to return to Bangkok after a Chinese passenger threw hot water at a cabin attendant, the airline said Saturday.

Thai AirAsia Flight FD9101 departed Bangkok’s northern airport Don Muang for Nanjing at 5:55 pm on Thursday with 174 passengers and six crew on board but was forced to turn back after one of the passengers attacked a steward.

"During the flight a Chinese female passenger was not satisfied with the service and when the cabin attendant came she threw hot water at the cabin attendant," the airline said in statement.

An official said the woman and her travelling companion were initially angered at not being seated together. Other passengers moved seats allowing them to sit side by side but the pair started to argue with each other before the attack took place.

The captain of the flight, which was still in Thai airspace at the time, decided to return to Don Muang where four Chinese passengers were ejected and detained at a police station.

The flight departed Don Muang again at 10:45 pm on the same day and arrived in Nanjing Friday morning.

The airline official said police fined the Chinese passengers, adding that they left the country on Friday.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Thai-flight-forced-to-return-by-unruly-Chinese-pas-30249773.html

Instant noodle attack and other weirdness forces Air Asia flight back to Bangkok

An Air Asia flight was forced to return to Don Muang airport due to outrageous and violent behavior from two passengers.

In a post since removed on the Chinese web board Weibo, users who said they were on flight FD91010 said the plane was halfway to Nanjing, China, when a young Chinese couple assaulted a flight attendant and threatened to “jump out of the plane.â€

It all started, according to those accounts, when a Nanjng woman in her 20s, who was seated separately from her boyfriend, threw a hot cup of water in which her instant noodles were steeping at a flight attendant, according to the original report on Weibo.

That wasn’t all. Her boyfriend subsequently said he would kill himself while the woman threatened to jump out of the aircraft.

The flight returned to Don Muang, at which point police boarded the plane to take the two into custody. The woman complained of depression and would not stand up from the floor, where she was lying. Her boyfriend also refused to go.

They were removed forcefully from the plane. While the incident remains unconfirmed, a number of photos posted to Weibo suggest something happened involving police, noodles and a lot of drama.

post-98-0-64494100-1418485238_thumb.jpg

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/12/12/instant-noodle-attack-and-other-weirdness-forces-air-asia-flight-back-bangkok

The punishment should be sending them straight on to China, not bringing them back to Thailand! God, if every time I fucked up, they sent me straight away to Thailand... One can't help but imagine that this kind of scene is reasonably common in China. Any Chinese speakers know whether the big dude is the problem, or reaching a solution?

Quality group tourists... by the hundreds of thousands... Just keep 'em separate from me and my nightlife, and we'll be alright.

Last month in Pattaya, I was wolfing down a chicken giro that I picked up from a street vendor. An attractive Chinese female sits down at my table, followed by an entourage. I pointed out to them that there is an empty table a few feet away, but they refused to move. (maybe she wanted to give me some leg :dunno:)

China to punish tourists in Thai air rage assault

http://news.yahoo.com/china-punish-tourists-thai-air-rage-scandal-031838363.html

Chinese authorities vowed to severely punish Chinese travelers who threw hot water and noodles on a Thai flight attendant and threatened to bomb the plane after they became enraged over sitting arrangements.

China National Tourism Administration said Saturday the tourists disrupted the flight, hurt other passengers and "badly damaged the overall image of the Chinese people." It comes at a time when the Chinese are traveling more but also becoming notorious for rough behavior...

Putting up with pissed off people on a crowded plane on a daily basis, flight attendants have some serious patience to deal with this kind of crap. I'm sure the morons who disrupted this flight will have a really bad day once the justice system in China takes care of them :shocked::grinyes:

I was born at the old Children's Hospital at 8th and Geary in San Francisco.

and over the years watched the Chinese "invade" and dominate the Richmond District.

Culturally as a group they have very different personal and public habits...

There are always exceptions but in general they were Rude as hell, loud,and spitting everywhere. :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Later when I first went to China in 1986 to rescue my Mom who had fallen gravely ill on a tour

I thought they were even worse. I did meet a beautiful Chinese girl who spoke English

and she kindly helped me get Mom to Hong Kong away from the Hospital and Doctor who was extorting us- She was lovely ... :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba:

While Mom was recuperating

in HK I flew to LOS to see what was what and that is how it all started :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes:

I thought the Grace Hotel and old Thermae were straight out of a Fellini movie :shocked:M

I was in Beijing last year and hated it-rude same same-

Thanks for listening :sleeping: