Drunken Falang Louts :(

Fiery Jack

"Yes, of course England has a bad press on hooliganism. But thats it, isn't it; press...media. I've seen piss poor behavior from other nationalities in various places in the world."

Oh, is it just the press and bad media? The hooligan problem has far deeper roots than that. I have been to football matches in England enough to have seen it close.

Ask yourself why supporters from Scotland and Ireland do not have the same bad rep.

I agree with you that there are other countries with the same problem. Italy, Netherlands, Germany can be mentioned. But it does not excuse the behaviour of English hooligans.

BTW, I wear my LUFC replica shirts with pride.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was going to make the same reply.

on my last trip to patong,i was there for the england/argentina world cup game.

was with 2 of my favourite girls,me and one of them wearing the england shirts and the other girl wearing the argie one i had bought her.

we watched the game in a bar owned by an english friend of mine and all went well.

after the game,the argie supporter went off on a mission to get a man for the night,and my english supporter went home.

it seems the girl entered her regular freelance bar and because of her shirt was subjected to abuse from drunken englishmen who jostled her,pushed and shoved her and even spat in her face,and she was reduced to tears and fled home.

just as well i wa'nt there.

after a few beers in various places,i returned to the bar where i had watched the game and a fight broke out between a few englishmen all wearing their shirts and soon a few of the girls got caught up in it and a saw a dear friend of mine being pinned up against the wall by a brave man,with his other hand raised ready to strike her.

she's only 4'9' and 6 stone for christ's sake and i jumped in.

he turned on me and headbutted me and hit me twice.

and as i fell to the floor banged my chest on a corner of a table.

guess what?,they all ran off.

the result was 18 stitches in 3 cuts around my eye and 2 cracked ribs and a hospital bill for 1120 baht.

2 of the girls took me to the hospital to get fixed up and even stayed with me alnight to make sure i was alright and accepted no payment in the morning.

and free beer in the bar for the remaining week of my trip.

i hate it when the idiots do this,they make me ashamed to be english.

it was all so different when the irish played,the whole place had a carnival atmosphere,but when the english played there seemed to be a dark force present.

from a USA point of view , you guys need to get rid of the guilt your pouring on each other , the world loves the brits , especially us here in the USA , a few drunken idiots cant spoil the image of a country as great as the UK.... come on fella's take it easy on yourselves smile.gif

BadatheambassadorofpeaceBing

Guest lazyphil

<<the world loves the brits , especially us here in the USA , a few drunken idiots cant spoil the image of a country as great as the UK.... >>

Flattery will get you everywherelaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif ....

...and we love you yankies too, even with your illustrious leader at the helm. this might get interesting now after this mutual appreciation sessioncool.gifcool.gif

Lets face it. LOS doesn't exactly get the best examples of the west (present board members excluded of course : )

We're all a little 'off' in a good or bad way anyway to be going over there. Everyone else don't have the courage, balls or whatever to take the plunge like we did. So of course the usual A-holes will make it over there also.

As for this lovefest between the Yanks and Brits on this thread I'll concur. Hate to say it but we seem to get along wtih the Brits better than Canadians. (Okay, I'm sure our northern neighbors will flame me now, go on I'm wearing my fire resistant Arsenal shirt--lol)

I'd like to personally thank the Brits for Benny Hill and James Bond...not necessarily in that order.

By the way, the Millwall supporter, said his club name like I was supposed to understand something about it.

I've never seen Asians fight though. Maybe our Japanese and Chinese tour bus friends are a little more behaved than the rest of us.

Archived