Bangkok International Film Festival

I went to see "Tears of the Black Tiger", a melodramatic western set in Thailand, love story, bad guys, good guys, shootings etc.

Pink and turquoise. I loved it.

I tried to see 11'9"2001 but it was completely full ::

Yesterday "A lucky day" an Argentinian film. I didn't like it very much, actors not convincing IMO and I hate movie makers that move the camera too much !

Tomorrow I go to see "Chiwaseon" a Korean film (about a painter... ;))

A total waste of time. The films were GREAT...or so I heard. Apparently, the TAT has taken over management of the festival, and every film I wanted to see was booked days in advance and/or moved to a different location. I saw naught. :( Also, too few screenings of the better films, along with playing musical chairs with the theater venues.

:onfire:

I have to concur there.

In the end it had better selection than the rival Bangkok Film Festival (no International) but was scheduled very poorly, spreading it out over 3 venues was a mistake, and was the kind of bloated grandstanding exercise typical of TAT. Bangkok the cinema centre of the region? Not if they keep this up. What kind of film festival ends with a truly crap kung-fu flick?

Worse, it was *4* venues: World Trade Center, Siam Discovery, Mah Boonkhrong, and Lido. These festivals seemed to run more smoothly when they were held at The Emporium. The theater, which was a United Artists, has been sold. I guess that meant no more festivals there???

The Emporium will be reopened in March.

They couldn't have had the BIFF at Emporium because it was too big.

Yesterday's Bangkok Post had a very good review (insightful good not suck-up good) of the Festival and the future of it. I wonder if the people that matter read it? :banghead:

"The Emporium will be reopened in March."

Is it closed? We watched something there just a few weeks ago, in December, or MAYBE early this month. I know they're changing ownership, I think it will belong to the same chain as what's in Mah Boonkhrong, but it's still operationg, isn't it???

Archived