khon kaen

thai3

I came here partly to visit the Yodlak Cafe which I saw on the web and asked a thai guy in the UK about who is from KK. Seems it was a great place, but it closed, either 1, 2 or 6-7 years ago depending on who you ask here. Just shows how out of date some web sites are, this was listed as 'new' Lots of beer gardens and disco's around the kosa and sofitel hotels. The singing in both hotels is sweet pap, not worth listening to. Got directed to the klangmuang road where there is a soi full of karaoke bars and the Dok Khon cafe, inside on the left. Not bad at all, one girl sings sunaree very well and another, although she does not look the part, dressing like our Nana, sings morlam well. Cheap food and drink freindly staff.

Someone at the kosa hotel said he would take me on his bike to an area outside of town that has morlam. Best news is the Fon Thanasunthorn is giving a concert here tomorrow at the big C and will be staying the night at my hotel, yippee. Strange as she was not meant to be here at all acording to sure-audio. She is singing at sala chalermkrung Bkk on sunday.Jintara is in samut prakan on monday-peter

Bugger it Fon is not going to show up in KK. Did find a very good CD shop called major music, better than anything in BKK, it is near the fairy mall building. Some girls at the cafe mentioned above are really good singers, ones in the hotels are all crap. Waitress in chroen thani princess attempted a 50% overcharge but I caught her at it-always take your own torch to these places-peter

Archived