Best rate for foreign cash so far!

jingjoh

Was at SOGO last Sunday and noticed a new mahcine sitting next to the ATM's. It's a currency exchange machine, and on checking the rates I found them to be higher than anywhere else. I took some Sing dollars I wanted to get rid of and ended up with 24.49 to the dollar as opposed to 24.26 which was the next best rate I could find. This gave me an extra 250 baht! :: Of course if you dont have the foreign currency in cash ya fuked ;)

Pity I hadnt gone back on the Sunday as the rate was 24.85 frozen over the weekend, and dropped to 24.49 on Monday! :(

• 3 weeks later...

SOGO is a the Japanese department store located next to the Erawan Shrine on Ploenchit. Nearest sky train stop is Chit Lom.

The airport currency exchange windows have the worst exchange rates in Thailand. All the banks at the airport have the exact same bad rate too. Probably because they have to pay a premium rent for being at the Airport.

Howdy, are you back in Oz yet?? the best rate I have got since being here at start of November last year was last friday at 25.21, so hope it goes up a bit more. In fact a friend wanted to buy my car and he offered less than I wanted to sell, but I said if the rate hits 26 or more, he can have it for that amount and send me the cash as the exchange rate will make up the difference.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived