3 mill baht = 1 year residency???

haltest

I know I read about this on the internet as I have just purchased a condo for just over 3 million baht I wondered if they still offer this???

I tried to talk to immigration but they said it needs to be in the name of a company and not an indivual. I can't find any other information and I guess I need to talk to a thai lawyer.

Can anyone recommend someone (thai lawyer) or similar who could clarify this for me.

Thanks

Which immigration guy did you talk to and how much information did you give him to assess your circumstances?

His information to you may be inaccurate, it depends on what your condo is valued at by the local land registry.

If you're in Pattaya go to MJ Enterprises and they'll do a check for you and also do the legal paperwork if they find you are entitled to one.

In Bangkok I use Toosi company. You'll find them advertised in the Bangkok Post as I don't have their business card with me.

If it's valued at 3 mill by the land office you should be OK.

You will also have to prove that the money was sent into the country from outside LOS, you do this by getting a Tor Tor Sarm from your bank but you probably already needed this to purchase the condo?

I should add that I've not used Toosi for this purpose that you require but I do know that they deal with immigration matters.

Good luck.

Archived