Thai students cheat with pagers in underwear...

rookie

Upon reading the article, I wonder if some of the female students discovered that a strategically placed buzzing pager can provide more than answers.... :o

Reported on Jan 28th

"Thai students arrested for cheating with pagers hidden in underwear

Fifty eight college students were arrested for allegedly hiding pagers in their underwear to cheat on an examination, police said Tuesday.

Police said the pagers were set to vibrate with answers to multiple-choice questions. One vibration meant the first choice was correct, two vibrations meant the second choice and so on, police Capt. Komsan Paksin said Tuesday. Four teachers were also arrested and accused of helping the 35 female and 23 male students.

The arrests were made on Monday at Ramkhamheang University in Bangkok where undergraduate students were taking a final English examination for a bachelor's degree, Komsan said.

The students and teachers are likely to be charged with illegal use and operation of pagers, which is punishable by two years in prison and a fine of 100,000 Baht, Komsan said."

Source: CNEWS

Jan 28, 2002

Last year , I was walking down the stairs and heard some students saying A,, B,,, A,,,, C,,, A,,, etc.. So I slowed down and just listened for awhile..Peeked my head around and caught 4 students all standing around a mobile phone with a piece of paper and SMS-ing the information into the students still writting.. Man was I pissed. Grabbed the paper and the cell phone and starting asking the homeroom teacher why the students had the answers outside the classroom. The Thai teacher at the front of the classroom just started yelling and screaming at ME. I was shocked. Guess I made her lose face or something like that, by accusing her of allowing the students to leave the classroom with the answers. Which she did. The school was more pissed off at me for that than at the students. TIT. But in the end I did have it out with the teacher and the students and the students felt bad for making their teacher lose face. so it all worked out in the thai way of things.

But they were writting advanced physics test and the farang teacher failed them, but the school overruled his marks and gave them the actual mark. DAMN

Archived