OK, I give up. What is that that they're smoking?

bibblies

Apple spice is one of my favorites. Nice to sit in a Moroccan type bar and smoke and enjoy the belly dancers. In LOS though, I will pass on that. OTHER SMOKING TO BE DONE!

LOL

Oneye

Pipes are hookah pipes. The tobacco is damp and sticky and has molasses in it (??? - I think). The tobacco is put ino the pipe bowl covered with a foil gauze, then hot charcoal is put on the gauze, which means that the tobacco burns slowly. A good pipe should last about half and hour, not a couple of minutes like a cig. I quite like them, nut i can imagine their not to everyones taste.

It is called "she-sha". It does not feel like tobacco in your lungs and does not affect your head the same way. Im sure it is bad for your lungs, but it is very relaxing and pleasant. I've done it before in the Arab section there in Bangkok with a Kuwati man and his wife . we enjoyed some chai Roan {hot tea} and She-sha {fruity flavor} very nice. think of it as peace pipe. :angel:

Hi rhondo,

I knew them as shee-sha too when I lived in the Middle East.

A doctor friend of mine out there gave it up and took to smoking cigarettes as a healthier alternative. He was worried about the transmission of tuberculosis through the water which is re-used by successive smokers in the restaurants etc. that provided the pipes. :dunno:

I tried one once (in Jordan) and couldn't manage to keep it burning. Quite nice while it lasted though.

Khwai

Archived