tai- pan joiner fee

thai3

I stay at the tai-pan quite often and was surprised to read a recent post about a joiner fee of 500 baht being charged.

I emailed them about this and was informed they only stick this on those who have booked thru agents like siam-online, even if you have booked a double room. I booked through them last trip but did not get a joiner fee charge, maybe because I checked in with a girl.

Anybody know if the manhatten do the same trick? I will book tai pan at the normal rate, they also give you a poor room with the agent deal-peter

I BOOKED IN TAI PAN IN JANUARY 01 THROUGH THAI HOTEL COM

I BOOKED A DOUBLE ROOM FOR TWO . WHEN I CHEKED IN I WAS ON MY OWN BUT WHEN I TOOK MY

LADY THE FIRST NIGHT ONE OF THE ASSISTANT MANAGER MENTIONED THAT AND SAID IF YOU HAVE THE SAME LADY AGAIN THERE WONT BE ANY CHARGE

BUT IF YOU HAVE DIFFERENT THEN THERE WILL BE A CHARGE. THE FOLLOWING NIGHT I HAD DIFFERENT

BUT THEY DID NOT BOTHER PROBABLY MY SMILE WORKED. AND ALSO THERE WAS A SMILING LADY FACE AT RECEPTION AS WELL.YES MOST HOTELS IN BANGKOK SPECIALLY A BIT UPMARKET ONE DO HAVE

JOINERS CHARGE.

I certainly posted that I was charged a joiner fee at the Tai-Pan, and yes I did book through one of the internet agencies. After reading Peter G's comment regarding agency bookings vs. direct bookings it may well go a long way to explaining the attitude I encountered, and quite possibly the room.

BTW, out of interest I compared the price I paid for the room plus the joiner fee against the rates on their (Tai-Pan) own web site and via Travelocity.com, both those rates were still higher (by about 200B per night) than my total cost.

Gromit.

Archived