Patong, Royal Paradise Hotel- guest friendly?

maxal

...and full of the most horrid Korean, Taiwanese, and mainland Chinese tour groups you can imagine. Also, far from the beach

I'd highly recommend you find a better place to stay in Phuket.

Check out the Burasari Resort at www.burasari.com. Its a new place that doesn't officially open until March, though I think they are currently in a 'soft' open phase while they ramp-up to full operation. Across from the Holiday Inn in Patong, its a great location.

I don't really know any more than what I've seen on their web site and from a story in the Phuket Gazette about the manager (a Thai woman who has bachelors and masters degrees from universities in the U.S.), however it looks like a nice hotel that will probably be classified as upper 3 or 4 star (great looking rooms but without the full facilities of a 5 star).

Also don't know about their guest policy, however it appears to be more adult than family oriented.

Being the nice guy that I am, I just telephoned the Royal Paradise and confirmed that they have a policy to charge 600 baht per person per night for bringing in unregistered guests.

Archived