TG London - bangkok Business Class

SingaporeSteve

Buffalo Bill - I think your point is great about the fares, but I think what annoys most people is the lack of consistency in the product. Im lucky that when I travel someone else is paying (thankyou mr employer) so primary importance is product. If BA had a afternoon flight to London I would have been on that instead of TG. The price differential is not so great out of BKK, probably about 15% cheaper for TG.

Have to agree with your post on the A330, great product for a medium haul aircraft. Airbus A300-600 forget it - the product and the plane are as old as on the MD11.

Cheers

Anyone noticed real butter knives are back? I was on biz class from BKK to Singapore and noticed them for the first time since 9/11. No more white plastic butter knife mixed in with the rest of the silverware.

But I wouldn't hold your breath on better seats. I've been on biz class on many of their aircraft and would say their old boeing shite is hurting the most. TG recently boasted with a press release it will take them 2 years to make better business class seats on as many as 8 planes. It really calls into question the judgement of the organization as the planes being retrofitted (777), are among the very newest. Why they didn't outfit the planes with decent seating in the first place and use the money to improve their old planes seems like a real TIT debacle.

SingaporeSteve wrote:

" if I am not mistaken was it you that was trying to change seats and sit on the left hand side?"

Yes that was me. At first I was not keen on having a partition in front of me and tried to move around. However, the seat I wanted was allocated to some other passenger so had to move to my original seat.

It worked out well cos like you I had an empty seat next to me.

Cheers

Fatbastard33

metal cutlery has been in use always - on some airlines/routes/classes. guess it may depend on local laws or solely on individual airline policy, but I sure don't appreciate plastic shit! austria air is one that I've never seen use plastic in any class or after 7/11. just my few cents tonight ;)

Escape rabbit - Plastic cutlery is still being used. I remarked to the stewardess, why are they using plastic in this flight when the one I had done two days before from Singapore had been metal. She remarked "its because of your country !!!" - The chief steward then further explained as he was standing next to her that plastic cutlery is still used on flights to and from UK & US as those governments/authorities insist on it.

Cheers

Archived