Ong Bak

My Cow Jai

Artie,

The best Jet Li films I've seen were made in HK. I can't remember any of the titles at the momment but they are available here on DVD and video.

The most amazing thing about Jackie Chan is that up until recently he did all of his own stunts. He was regularly ending up in the hospital. Has probably broken just about every major bone. I guess working for Hollywood now they won't allow him to risk it. Unfortunately as I said I really don't care for his movies.

Van Damme, Dolph Lundgren and the rest do absolutely nothing for me. There are many stories out there that Van Damme actually had a body building and dance background, not martial arts.

I've seen one or two of Benny the Jets movies. Kind of like train wrecks. Great fighter, lousy actor.

I've seen it, and indeed it's an exiting movie.

A note to Thai censors though. Nowadays they seem to block "swearing and bad words" in English and American movies quite often.

Why is it that in Thai movies extremely bad language remains allowed.

In Onk Bak, you could almost censor every sentence.

• 3 weeks later...

My two satang worth...

Saw the movie yesterday ... great action movie.

Reminds me of early Jackie Chan stuff ... very much physical action/comedy without much special effects taking center stage.

Tuk Tuk chase scenes were hilarious. And I spotted few people I recognized in the background.

Once downer, IMHO, is the casting of "Muay", tomboy ... I thought she was a horrible actress and a total mis-cast.

Thumbs up!

PS: The movie has English subtitle so very easy to follow. I can't wait for DVDs to come out so I can learn some very dirty words!!!

Archived