Jakarta Accomodations

Hey all.. Seeing as this is the accomodations area.. Will be in Jakarta in a month or two, any recommendations on hotels to stay at, that are guest friendly... smile.gif" border="0

Been reading the posts, sounds like a great time, went to LOS in March, now looking to expand the horizon...

Thanks all!!!

Newportgambler from the USA

quote:

Originally posted by newportgambler:

Hey all.. Seeing as this is the accomodations area.. Will be in Jakarta in a month or two, any recommendations on hotels to stay at, that are guest friendly...
:)

Been reading the posts, sounds like a great time, went to LOS in March, now looking to expand the horizon...

Thanks all!!!

Newportgambler from the USA

This thread should probably be mod-ed over to regional.

Any hotel that serves international customers would likely be surprised if you arrived home late in the evening without a companion. In which case $ome generous staff member will likely ask you if you need a comapanion.

The ibis chain is economical and there are several in Jakarta. A few if not all of them have Karaoke bars which may or may not interest you. You can price shop at www.asiatravel.com . I would not recommend the Melawai unless you fancy sleeping in an ashtray.

You should make your reservations in advance because the reservation counter at CKG sux.

Put your travel agent to work for you. Prices vary a great deal indeed there are to tiers for tourists and expats. Find a nice place for the first two or three nights and if you don't like it you can move.

I've stayed at the Sayaid Jaya, Le Meridian, and The President -- all are guest friendly and even have girls in the bar.

I didn't care for The President, but the Jaya and Meridian are quite nice.

Archived