Amari Boulvard Soi 5, anyone Stayed There?

NokTang

Always wanted to stay in this property.

PERFECT location. NICE place.(lobby and resturant, not been in rooms)

Rates seem/read $50.usd range. certainly affordable for a few nights arrive and depart.(Pattaya remaining weeks)

Guest policy still a hassle? I 've noticed the guard at the lift and assume very tight policy.

thanks,

Nok the Kook

I have not stayed there for about 3 years but they were an absolute pain in the arse with guests unless you had booked a "double room" through your travel agent. If that was the case it was OK but they still checked as you brought in your little tilac that you had booked a double.

Avoid at all costs unless you can get a good deal with a "double room".

Cheers

Fatbastard33

Amari, Soi Haa

Paid 60 odd usd per night, and no problem with guests. Guard at the lifts there for your security, consider it a plus point

Excellent Location, reasonable rooms...

Up to U

Nok, a couple of mates of mine stayed there a while back and had to pay over 600 baht guest fee. But they did get their rooms thrown in for a couple of nights with a flight they booked. So as others have said you probably would'nt have to pay that if you where paying the normal double rate. But knowing what your feeling are on guest policies I can't see it being your sort of place.

Cheers Simie.

Stayed at Amari Boulevard about three years ago. Paid walk-in rate for "deluxe" room. Wasn't aware of tips like "book double occupancy" at the time and had to pay 600bht guest fee. Quite unhappy about it, but certainly liked the hotel. Always prefer a separate shower cubicle, and that's what you get in a "deluxe" room.

Stayed again last year, but this time checked in with g/f. No problems encountered at all.

If you can go a bit higher in price, JW Marriott is a different class - and no guest hassles at all.

• 11 months later...

Agree 100% with what you say about the J W Marriott, I checked in there with my gf last october and we had a great time. I have also (before I met her) used it to bring bar girls back and never once had a problem. They have good security too.

Archived