The Dynasty

I visited BKK last December and stayed at the Dynasty Inn. When I checked in the receptionist informed me that there was some sort of fee charged for "visitors". My buddy and I pretty much blew it off and ended up sneaking our "visitors" through the alley between the Dynasty and NEP. Apparently one night my buddy got bold and brought his date through the lobby. Sure enough when we checked out a week later he was assessed a "visitor's fee". He promptly called bullshit on that and informed the receptionist that he was just going back to his room to grab his camera. She agreed, grudgingly, to remove the fee from his bill. I had no such problems at the Nana Hotel and have never seen anybody mention this happening at the Dynasty. I'm curious to know if this is a regular practice or if they were trying to take advantage of us.

Thanks for the quick replies. We figured it was a scam. Hell, they charged me 50 baht for an extra towel. What a load of crap. Sadly, I might have actually stayed there again if they hadn't pulled that nickel and dime bs.

• 1 month later...

I also stayed at Dynasty in July and was never charged a joiner fee. Actually my girlfriends were never asked for ID's either.

Occassional I noticed a cheeky smile from the receptionists but that didnt bother me..I probably had a cheek grin too!

If you we in a single room I could understand them charging joiner fee. But why have a single when you are sanuking.

Regards

Pussyraider

Hell, I'd even take her down to breakfast in the morning, walk through the lobby and never a problem - certainly never a charge! If they do charge, tell them where to stick it and go to Majestic - no charge there AND THEY KNOW IT. Makes you laugh doesn't it - if the tail chasers didn't frequent these hotels, they'd shut down.

I think they were just trying their luck and see if they could get away with this charge. The Sukhumvit area is full of people and businesses always trying to pull this crap. Anyway, thanks for the story - I'll never stay at the Dynasty.

JG

Archived