Jim's Lodge BKK

fatbastard33

FB

Know it well. Staffed by particularly aggressive and domineering bunch of Casanova Bar rejects with a penchant for handcuffs, whips and fearsomely realistic looking oversized dildos.

OK come down from the ceiling and relax, I'm kidding.

Never stayed there but was in that street today for business, saw the place, remembered that you had asked about it so went in and enquired.

Not a very distinguished building, about 5 stories of precast concrete slabs with 75 rooms. About 800m in from Ploenchit road and Ploenchit BTS station. Tel 662 255 3100 Fax 662 253 8492 anant@asiaaccess.net.th.

Reasonably well laid out and furnished foyer with small restaurant/coffee shop, primarily Thai and Chinese food. Small jacuzzi and patio with sun loungers on roof; no pool, no garden, no fitness room, no sauna, no massage room, etc. etc.

Two sorts of rooms, standard (which has a shower) and superior (with bath, which has a hand held shower attachment). Three rates, all ++ (+service charge 17.7% +tax 7%) ($@45 for info) (These rates are for a single room, for a double/twin room add 100).

Published : Standard 1,800++ (total 2,267, $50), Superior 2,100++ (2,645, $59);

'Special' Rate : Standard 1,200++ (1,511, $34 ) Superior 1,300++ (1,637, $36) ;

Today's Walk In Rate Standard 1,100++ (1,385, $31) Superior 1,200++ (1,511, $34).

No weekly or monthly rates. Have some no smoking rooms. Saw sign saying car and driver hire at 300 per hour.

No problem with guests but charge additional 300++ (378, $8) pr night. Reception takes guest ID and holds but does not seem to record details in a book or register or anything like that.

Has elevator. Standard room small (about 10 ft by 12 ft) with very small shower room (about 4 ft by 4 ft). Queen sized bed, air con, stocked refrigerator, small TV (very old plastic about 14 inch screen) with satellite programs, desk type table and chair, IDD phone, no safe in room but have safety deposit boxes in foyer. Superior room marginally larger (but not much) better and bigger TV, bathroom about 6 x 5 with shower attachment on bath tap. Unimaginative decoration and a bit tired.

I have never stayed in any hotels in that area so can not comment on a comparison of quality or value with others there such as the GP, Nana, Dynasty and others often mentioned on this board. Now I don't want to piss on your parade but I have to say that I wasn't too impressed. I won't say its shabby or sleazy but it is certainly worn, tired and past its prime (bit like me really). I felt it was rather overpriced for what it is, but then again I'm a fussy old bugger and would probably complain about the Presidential Suite at the Oriental, if they would ever let me in there.

Let me know if you have any burning questions about it and I can give them a call.

Originally posted by Wowzer:

"Never stayed there but was in that street today for business, saw the place, remembered that you had asked about it so went in and enquired......No problem with guests but charge additional 300++ (378, $8) pr night."

Many thanks for the information - a great help. It is not a place I would normally stay but it is part of a package. Information on guest policy very, very helpful.

Once again thanks for going out of your way.

Fatbastard33

quote:

Originally posted by fatbastard33:

Originally posted by Wowzer:

"Never stayed there but was in that street today for business, saw the place, remembered that you had asked about it so went in and enquired......No problem with guests but charge additional 300++ (378, $8) pr night."

Many thanks for the information - a great help. It is not a place I would normally stay but it is part of a package. Information on guest policy very, very helpful.

Once again thanks for going out of your way.

Fatbastard33

=

hi FB, would that package happen to be with royal brunei by any chance? any details?

thanks in ant.

cool.gif" border="0

B]It's with THAI and the cost is £495, but that only includes one night in Jim's Lodge.[/b]

Thats about 32000 baht Right ? I'm happy my dear old Mum lives in OZ then as its half the price to get over there.

The best value accomodation in the Suk Area is the ????? Ferk me ! I have forgotten the name. That what happens when you are an old codger, anyway its opposite the Windsor Suites on Soi 20, Used to be 7 to 800 baht a night and reasonable rooms, NO guest fee ever, take as many of whatever is your fancy to the room and never a problem. (Don't think they would even mind if you shagged them in the foyer)it clean enough and in a fairly noise free Soi, with short walk to Cowboy, which in my opinion is far better now than Nana.

Sat last night in the midnight bar, having a quiet ale with the world famous Stickman and what a bevy of beaver waving little cuties there was for ones titillation.

Go COWBOY

Ahhhh, Just remembered the name..PREMIER INN.

[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: Fatbastard ]

Archived