Wheelchair

I need to buy a used or new wheelchair for my GF's grandmother who recently suffered a devastate stroke in Bkk. Does anyone know where I can shop for one? Thank you in advance.

Chieusamac

Believe most drug stores have or can obtain them. Have seen in the large discount drug places along Rama IV across from Chulongkorn Hospital and in mall type places. I expect the places on Rama IV would be cheaper than many others as Chula is a major public hospital and drugs I have purchased from these shops were much cheaper than in most other places.

I was in the smallish Tops supermarket at Sukhumvit and Soi 45 today. Many of the supermarkets here contain a small pharmacy selling "prescription" and OTC meds. This one also had a wheelchair (new) for sale in front of the counter. the entire "pharmacy" is maybe 15 feet wide and 10 feet deep. I don't know the cost but was suprised to see a W.chair for sale in such a small supermarket. I guess you can find them just about anywhere.

I think someone else mentioned checking shops around hospitals that seem to specialize in med supplies. That is where I would start.

Archived