Sheraton - Phuket

LACutter

I am unfamiliar with the geography around Phuket and am planning on staying at the Sheraton. Can anyone give any recommendations or warnings? How is it situated for nightlife and is it close to where the dive operators are located? Any info is appreciated.

LACutter

Presumably you're referring to the Sheraton Grande Laguna Beach. This is in an area of very upscale hotels (Dusit, Banyon Tree) called Bang Tao. This is on the Northwest side of the island (not too far from the airport), but is NOT convenient for the action areas (Patong, Kata, Karon). I'm sure you can find dive facilities at one of these hotels; however, I've always found the dive shops in the Kata/Karon area (a good 45 min drive from the Sheraton) to be the best.

sheraton grande phuket is mostly for couples- very few singles- place comes to life early and shuts down early- no music after 930pm- it's about 30-40 minutes to the bars in patong-

i like to stay in 5 star properties around the world but i must say, this is one of the most overpriced hotels anywhere- the rates are totally unrealistic compared to other top thai hotels such as the oriental and peninsula

Archived