Shane warne out for 12 months!

Torneyboy

Nitpicking here, actually he started out at Sandringham.

Is he a St Kilda district player? I can't remember all too long ago?

BTW, when I was in oz we would have been no more than 30 minutes away and possibly played in similar leagues. What is your local side?

SB

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the US were in the last world cup (in the UK), or the one before (96, the one Sri Lanka won). I could be wrong. Maybe I am thinking of football or rugby. I know there have been some "funny" sides in the past.ie, teams which rarely do well.. United Arab Emirates, Holland (this year, along with Canada)... could be wrong though.

I live in Highett/Hampton area, not sure what my local side would be.

I know the big fella played AFL for St Kilda briefly, as well as Moorabin. Didn't know he was from Sandringham, just assumed this area.

If he was playing district cricket next season, I'd jump on the bandwagon as long as he was taking wickets!! :p

I've been out of Oz for a few years (back now), therefore I have no local side. :(

good old Hampton Rovers on Bluff Road?

Yeah, whilst I have been there for 7 years, I used to live in Cheltenham and Beaumaris.....

No more than 15 minutes apart...... ::

SB

Yes, I fear that even someone as "forgetful" or "aloof' as himself would consult a doctor before taking ANYTHING. It doesn't look good for him.

What would have happened if he had played, we won the World Cup, and later the ICB found out about the banned pills? Could we have lost the World Cup after the finals? ie. DISQUALIFICATION???

If I were to nominate certain sportspeople (George Best, Maradonna, John McEnroe) as being very gifted but complete tossers off the field, most people would not argue. If I mention Shane Warne as being a member of this group, people leap to his defence.

He can play cricket. That's it. Off the field, he has the sensibilities of a wharfie - in this country, that makes him 'a good bloke'. A good bloke with a Porsche - my heart bleeds.

I look forward to more 'news' stories on Mr Warne with the same antiicipation that I reserve for Anthony 'The Man' Mundine.

If I were to nominate certain sportspeople (George Best, Maradonna, John McEnroe) as being very gifted but complete tossers off the field, most people would not argue. If I mention Shane Warne as being a member of this group, people leap to his defence.

He can play cricket. That's it. Off the field, he has the sensibilities of a wharfie - in this country, that makes him 'a good bloke'. A good bloke with a Porsche - my heart bleeds.

I look forward to more 'news' stories on Mr Warne with the same antiicipation that I reserve for Anthony 'The Man' Mundine.

Correct i think even the news services have had enough on him he has obviously lied as to how many pills he took has put a rift in the team if you read between the lines of Gilcrists response etc...Shame Shane go have 12 months off and have a good look at yourself in the mirror ::

Archived