Royal Garden switch to Pattaya Marriot

Hi guys,

Need some info on the new Marriot in Pattaya which took over the Royal Garden.

Are they guest friendly like the J.W. in Bkk or do they stay with the policies of the Royal Garden which I have been told are extremely unfriendly.

Have stayed at the Dusit and the Eastiny so far. Dust is a little out of my price range now and I was unhappy with the AC at the Eastiny although I thought it was a great value and the staff was great.

I have e-mailed the Pattaya Marriot 2 times about their guest policy but have not recieved a reply. Maybe they are hesitant to put it in writing.

Any info or advice is very appreciated.

Snuffy

[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: snuffy48 ]

>> I was unhappy with the AC at the Eastiny

Just wondering if it was too weak, or too noisy? I am was planning to stay there later this year. Thanks.

Bkk22

It was noisy but my real gripe is that when you left the room it shut off and would take at least an hour to cool down to an acceptable level for me.

On the other hand a thai friend of mine was in the room as I was complaining to the engineer and they were laughing while talking in Thai I asked my friend what was so funny and they were just talking about how farongs like it real cold. It seemed just fine to them but trust me, it was very uncomfortable

I've stayed at the Royal Gardens 3-4 times over the last couple of years. I've never had any problems with guest charges, maybe because we're on business and our company has certain arrangements with them. (Altough I've heard that they usually do charge for guests) Will probably be there this August and will see if there are any changes in attitude

The Royal Garden has about the most unfriendly guest policy ever. I know, I stayed for one night and one only. When I brought my girl back they made her fill in a form, kept her card (fairly usual) but generally made us both feel really bad.

I got the distinct impression that you are not welcome if you are bring ladies back to the room.

I've never stayed at the Marriott but I hear their policy is great.

It would be a welcome change if this were the case now at the Royal Garden.

Are you sure there's a Marriott in Pattaya as it doesn't show one in my Marriott Directory.

The listed Marriotts in Thailand are:

1. JW Marriott on Soi 2

2. Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa

3. Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa

4. JW Marriott Phuket Resort

I'm curious.

• 3 weeks later...

I place a reservation request directly to the Royal Garden Resort and enquired about their guest policy. They stated that if you book directly with them they will not charge a guest fee. But if you book through a travel agent they will charge 1000Baht/night. This seems to be common practice among some of the better hotels in Pattaya.

• 1 month later...

quote:

Originally posted by Rick14:

They stated that if you book directly with them they will not charge a guest fee. But if you book through a travel agent they will charge 1000Baht/night. This seems to be common practice among some of the better hotels in Pattaya.

Correct, also if your hotel is part of a holiday package expect to pay a joiner fee.

Archived