Baiyoke Hotel Fire Tonight

gene1944

I just heard on the Thai Nation TV that there was a fire in the Baiyoke Tower at about 9PM. I think it was the 43 story tower (not the great big one) but I am not certain. The fire was caused by electrical problems (short circuit) and is either out or is at least under control. Don't know about casualties or the extent of the damage yet.

No nothing sreious at all.l

I got back from a meeting about 10pm and there were loads of noisy Thai's all over my soi having a look

Unfortunatrely my apartment turned off the lift or lost power Im not sure. So after a very long day I was left waiting in the lobby for a while.

The Nation said some people were waiting on the roof for evacuation, shit I think they would be waiting a helluva long time. I don't think I would fancy being caught in a high rise fire in Thailand and waiting for evacuation. The big tower has all that crap on the rrof and I don't know if they have a heli pad up there, but I would'nt think so with that big tower on the roof and it would make it near impossible to winch people up around it and with the hot thermals coming up from a fire etc. Jumping would be quicker. :doah:

Archived