Electric Blue Gogo Restaurant, Pattaya

SingaporeSteve

Popped into the new restaurant at Electric Blue on Walking Street at the weekend and found somewhere that I will definately add to my list of preferred eating houses in Pattaya.

Looks like a smaller Hard Rock with a fantastic wall of glass that overlooks the sea. This should be a great place for a lazy brunch as the view is great and the windows run the whole length of the restaurant.

The menu is pretty extensive with a typical Hard rock theme to the choices. I chose a T-Bone Australian steak at 495 baht and I have to say I was extremely impressed both with the size and the taste. The guys in the kitchen must know what they are doing as I asked for some mayonaise to go with my fries and they did not have any, so the chef made some there and then - very tasty it was too. Later they said they still need to top up on the condiments such as getting in English (hot) mustard, Mayo that kind of stuff.

Service was not so hot - almost in a Les Chevalier style of service where the girls are chosen for their looks rather than experience in working in a restaurant. But it was not too bad and they were pretty cute on the whole. I think a nice touch would be to show live pictures from the gogo but they were only showing sport when I was there !!! There is a street entrance and also a door from the gogo bar itself so it makes getting between the two really easy, heck you could even order your food and pop back in and watch the girls while its cooking. Also one big plus for smokers is that smoking is permitted as its licence is apparently for a pub/bar as opposed to a restaurant. Air Con seemed pretty powerfull so even non smokers should not have a problem with smoke.

All in all a place worth checking out for some very reasonable good quality food.

Cheers

Are the waitresses in the restaurant wearing the same uniform as the waitresses in the go go bar?. This go go gets my number one vote for best uniform on the serving girls.

second vote goes to Shark in SC.

Uniformguy

Uniform Guy - Have to agree with you there on both counts for Electirc Blue and Shark. From memory (which probably indicates they were not memorable) I think it was not the same uniform, but something more American Bistro - Pants, long apron that kind of thing. No idea if you can barfine, I think they are struggling to get enough staff as it is so perhaps not yet but knowing Andy, maybe in the future.

To the other point about opening in the daytime, I think they are planning to as they are to opening later than midnight once they get things better established.

Cheers

Wow that is the quickest reply I have ever got to a post ....7 minutes. So u like the uniforms too maybe we should do more research together!!!! Thanks for the info I'll be back in June hope the place lasts till then at least.

Uniformguy

Archived