Dynasty inn or Stable lodge

brottbyman

I dunno about the Stable but I suspect that it won't be appropriate for your needs (family and so on). As for the Dynasty - that's where I stay. It ain't high class but it's not a dump either. Handy for the 'sights' if you get my drift. Suspect that you'll want something a little more up-market and distanced from the lower Sois.

To paraphrase Groucho Marx: I wouldn't want to stay in a hotel that'd have me as a guest. q.v The Broken Jaw, Nottingham, England.

Do a search on the board for the two hotels you've mentioned. There is a wealth of information on here (that's how come I ended up in the Dynasty in the first place).

stable lodge would be far better IMO, great pool area out front and on a fairly quiet soi, rooms with balcony at front. Only negative is that i think the rooms are a bit poorly furnished, thin curtains and hard beds. However this said better than dragging family up and down hectic soi 4 and staying in a sex tourist hotel. Families were at stable when I stayed. For this money I still think the manhattan on soi 15 is better than these two, for a bit more the tai pan is hard to beat on 23. -peter

I have to agree with thai3 that The Stable Lodge is in my opinion much better for a family to stay at than the Dynasty Inn. I stayed in both and the clientle of The SL are mainly families and couples, so you will feel much more comfortable there. They have a small but nice pool, the BBQ in the evening is nice and the staff is very helpfull, they can even get you a babysiter if needed. The downside is (like thai3 said) that the rooms are a bit on the basic side for the money. But overall a nice hotel to stay.

About the Location: Soi 8 is much more relaxed than Soi Nana, but you are in the middle of everything. You have a few small beerbars and the Beergarden at Soi 8, all in all a very laidback scene. For some reasons i have to avoid the place, "feed to the ducks"-thing. :rolleyes:

mupfel

well i agree that you should stay in soi 8, and there are 2 or 3 more hotels in that soi. The Promenade hotel (opporsite Stable lodge), and the other one is at the end of the soi (Royal Asia Lodge) ::

Archived