? any info on the Fortune Hotel, Bangkok ?

Fortune Hotel, www.fortunehotel.com

1,3,5,7 Fortune Town Bldg., Rachadaphisek Rd., Dindaeng, Bangkok 10320, Thailand

Tel : (662) 641-1500 Fax : (662) 641-1530

TLX. 20050 FORTUNE TH

E-mail : reservation@fortunehotel.com

Has anyone stayed at the Fortune Hotel?

If yes, how was the hotel?

Was there any action within easy walking distance of the hotel?

Thanks bro's.

I asked the same question and was told that it was far from the action, upscale and did not allow guests. That was from two different individuals. Can't vouch for it firsthand.

Unless you were on business (only) can't imagine why anybody would stay there. The location is pretty crappy for a snanuker, there are plenty of thai entertainment places around (bit of a walk tho') but nothing that would appeal to a tourist. Its in a busy traffic area, and getting down to Sukumvit can be a nightmare due to all the road works towards Asoke and no where near the sky train!!!

Has anyone stayed at the Fortune Hotel?

Yes about a month ago. The rooms were nice. the staff was very attentive. The food outstanding.

A great It mall. Several friends felt like I did, it was better than Pantip.

A 4 level shopping mall,food cour, lots of restaurants.

Was there any action within easy walking distance of the hotel?

Directly across from the hotel is the new Champs Elysees. One of the top if not the top Massage place for women who are models.

Down the road is the New Clepatra which has great sideline girls.

The other direction is tons of Massage places, it's like a Adult Disneyland with all the neon. 35 baht taxi ride

Also just down the street, is two large Discos...Dance Fever and Hollywood. Check out Counter One ( a naughty karaoke place) which is right at the entrance to the road.

Acroos the street( huge lobster sign) check out "Dankey" a Isaan Dance Taxi Hall. Buy 100 baht coupon book for 20 dances and give a ticket to one of 50 girls dancing in uniforms. Invite her after a couple dances to join you at your table if you like the chemistry, laster pay the barfine.

If you want to go to Patpong, they have a free shuttle that goes there.

Around 25 members have already booked for Nov with reservations. I'm sure their will be taxi runs to Nana couple nights. 4 guys to a car.

As for a "friend" you won't have any prob as long as you booked as a twin. During Nov its 1700 baht for the Thanksgiving/ Wedding activities. If you don't book as a twin, joiner fee is 800 baht which would then be 2,300 baht. Do yourself a favor, book as a twin :-) Just say your friend will be joining you later at check-in..not sure of her spelling of her last name. Which is true, as you don't :-)

Thanksgiving/ Wedding/Fortune Hotel

What happens when different ladies join you during the day and different ones in the evenings? Why look for trouble. I see why Showtime would stay there since he is the one getting married but if I was looking upscale I would stay at the Marriott or the Sheraton and taxi to the wedding. Or if I was looking to spend in that price range stay at the GP or the Omni in a suite.

Thats the great thing about BKk..it has so many diffeent venues and hotels.

As for those guys who are going to the Thansgiving party, Wedding reception and they are looking for a new adventure, or they like massage parlors..Fortune Hotel makes sense. Especially as many other guys will be staying at this hotel on this trip. The price has been discounted over 50% so its a good rate.

If you are a Nana type of guy,the Omni or the GP is great and then come on out to the events.

Either way, enjoy the life! God knows the vacation time is too short :-)

quote:

A great It mall. Several friends felt like I did, it was better than Pantip

No way ! for a start the bottom floor of the IT mall is now exclusivly Mobile Phones, the balance is primarily consumables, (blank CD's,cartridges etc) While I do use the place for buying my consumables it has no where near the range of hard core PC stuff that Pantip has, nor the range of "software", or experise for that matter.

Fatbastard.. you might be right on It Mall versus Pantip. It Mall is all on the 4th floor and half the third. I'm just repeating comments from several friends that were there last month. They felt it was less crazy and much more organized at the It mall. I'm not a techie so not sure on this score. Did buy a bunch of software though at 100 baht each.

• 3 weeks later...

Did a checkout of the Fortune yesterday. No way that you want to parade a 23 year old cutie in her tight black jeans and tanktop across that lobby. Saw two stopped by security and sent to the desk with their 40 year old "boyfriends". This is a real upscale location. Sanukers better stay elsewhere.

Archived