OMni room comments

stumpy

Hi, I have read the comments made regarding Omni in this forum. Can anyone comment on the rooms? Is it possible to sleep during the day or is it noisy? Also any thought on good locations within the building or maybe floors or positions to avoid due to noise?

Thanks,

Stump_Dog.

Always stay there except later this last trip I decided to seek greener pasturs as I had stayed at Omi 12 plus times at least.

Curtains are heavy and thick, glass is double glazed. You could sleep during the day and the coridors are ralativly quiet. hope that helps.

Comparing GP, Omni and Centre Point, IMO, the rooms in Omni are the best, so there is nothing to worry about too much. The rooms are big, compared to others well equipped, clean and not so worn out (my had 90 square metres with 1 living room, 2 bath rooms, 2 bed rooms and 1 seperate kitchen with everything). They have a swimming pool, gym, laundry room etc. If you have stayed in a serviced apartment before, you will feel home.

However, I had a problem with a noisy air-con. The housekeeping told me it is a problem in some rooms, so best is to check the air-con when checking in. The breakfast is really nothing to talk about, so I stocked my fridge later and prepared breakfast for my own. I recommend the bigger rooms, because they have a better kitchen, big TV and better bath-room(s) and if you like the view, I recommend the upper floors. I never had a problem with noise, but I think best is to avoid the lower floors facing to the highway.

One thing to notice is a no-pay-back-policy. So, if you make your cash-advance, be sure to keep it as small as possible. They also asked me to sign an open credit-card slip, which I refused (of course).

But as said before, this is really a place where you can stay. If you are used to live in 5 star hotels, then may be, another option would be better. At the end, you get what pay for. If you are looking for a decent and secure place to sleep for a moderate rate, then you can't be wrong.

Anyone know if the Omni 1 bedrooms have a TV in the bedroom (like the GP) ? I had heard that this was one complaint people had at the Residence Gardens in Pattaya (which I haven't tried yet), is that they don't have a TV in the bedroom. Some TG's (and some of us punters) like watching movies snuggled under the covers... ::

Archived