Thai Language Instruction in Pattaya - Revisited

gawguy

Hello Gentlemen...

I have searched the board for this subject and only found one school recommended. I stay in S. Pattaya and would like to find a good school or instructor nearby. If not is S. Pattaya, other areas are fine.

Any suggestions or referrals?

Thank you,

GG

As I've posted earlier, I study at PLC (Pattaya School of Languages and Computers) on Central Road. Located after the bus station, lefthand side going up to Sukhumvit, and before Foodland. There's a computer shop, DCO, just next to the school.

There's also ABS on Soi Rungland, off South Road. Just after the intersection South Road/3rd Road, righthand side going up towards Sukhumvit Road.

Check the ads in Pattaya Mail for these and other schools.

Fredro

Fredro,

are you studying 1 on 1? I notice the group rates are cheaper, but i wonder about studying with people at various levels of ability. do you have any insight on this?

I pay 240 baht per hour. PLC wants one to pay per 20 hours. Haven't seen any discounts offered, but as in Thailand one should always bargain. It's possible, I'm sure.

They're flexible. If you want to try out the school, they can offer you 1 or 2 classes where you pay by the hour.

Fredro

I study one on one, which I prefer. I learn a lot quicker and it's worth the higher price IMHO.

If you have a friend that can do the same hours as you, then it'll be cheaper. Think you'll come down to around 3000 baht per person if there are 2 students.

Fredro

"There`s also a small school just past PLC ( first left as you go up the hill ). "

What hill are you refering to? I can't remember any hill on Pattaya Glang... maybe I should stop drinking... ::

Fredro

Archived