GP Tower 3 Night Guard

I had lots of trouble with the night guard in Tower 3 at the Grand President this trip. I talked to him about it several times and complained to management, so we will see what happens. On a number of nights he was insulting to the women I brought in He also asked several of them if they were the same one from the night before and other comments that were way out of line. I don't mind the ID check as this is for our own safety. But he should not be insulting the women and he should not be talking about our other exploits. Has anyone else experienced this at Tower 3?

Sailor

Have stayed there 9 times in the last year and half, and never had any problems with any of the 3 different guards... Most times just smiled, said "Hi" and walked on by.. I don't ever recall that they even spoke to either myself or my "Guest" of the day...

Pianoman

Sorry to hear of your troubles with the guard.

You are right to have complained to the management and I hope they take approriate action.

However, I have known complaints from farangs to be completely ignored.

There is a school of thought that says a quiet word with the guard 'no speak lady' and a handshake with a nice crisp note inside may have resolved the problem more quickly.

In principle I disagree with having to do this and would prefer to address it with the management for reasons of not wanting to encourage the man to be difficult with other guest...but I feel fairly sure it would have provided a quick soloution.

I look forward to an update from anyone else staying here.

quote:

Originally posted by stump_dog:

Sorry to hear of your troubles with the guard.

You are right to have complained to the management and I hope they take approriate action.

However, I have known complaints from farangs to be completely ignored.

There is a school of thought that says a quiet word with the guard 'no speak lady' and a handshake with a nice crisp note inside may have resolved the problem more quickly.

In principle I disagree with having to do this and would prefer to address it with the management for reasons of not wanting to encourage the man to be difficult with other guest...but I feel fairly sure it would have provided a quick soloution.

I look forward to an update from anyone else staying here.

Good idea about the tip, I would suggest not more than 20B, and why not also tell the management while you're at it? Would hate for an enterprising guard to figure out that annoying the guests is a good way to make a few extra baht.

Although, it's actually probably just a case of a dumb ass Thai country boy doing what comes naturally, asking a lot of questions that are none of his business.

In any event a security guard should have better training.

I have given presents to hotel staff before including some cakes for the girls who mentioned one day that they like cake and also lipo for guards.

Generally I find this to be a bad idea as I then get people I have never seen before asking why I didn't buy anything for them so I would only slip some money to someone in quite exceptional circumstances now. I would also take Condom King's advice of telling the management as well.

I stay at the GP 3-4 times a year, the guard never even bothers to go to his desk, never says anything to my guests. Maybe this is a new guy.

Archived