Royal Asia Lodge

hello all,

I will be going to bangkok very soon. I have made reservation at a hotel called Royal Asia Lodge, is this a good place and is it safe. Is the sukhimvit area safe to stay. Do you guys have any recomendation on where i should stay(a good hotel under 1000B).

wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

Toronto Canada,

Please look down the treads on this page. you will find a discussion on Royal Asia Lodge.

P.S. My personnel opinion: I would not stay there but at the Promenade same soi , a lot closer to Sukhumvit. or The Mnahattan, or.... well read this tread...

Hi

I have stayed at the Royal Asia Lodge every time I come to BKK. I now live here and have an appartment in their building next door.

No problems, clean nicely run hotel. Swimming pool, jacuzzi on roof, Restaurant. Internet, King size rooms, Sat TV, Fridge, maid service. Under 1000 baht

Hope it helps

Mike

Mike,

I was looking for a place for a week this past May. Majestic was full so went to take a look at Royal Asia Lodge. Didn't get past the rotting mattress stacked against the side wall together with other rubbish. It gave a very bad initial impression so went to GP instead. More expensive unfortunately.. I may check Royal Asia Lodge again next trip given your glowing report!!!. By the way the mattress still there or not?

Cheers Hall

[ July 23, 2001: Message edited by: hall ]

[ July 23, 2001: Message edited by: hall ]

I stayed at the Royal Asia Lodge once, n I changed to The Promenade Hotel (which is in the same soi). The reason that I changed is because Royal Asia Lodge is located about 500 Meters from the main road but The Promenade is only about 150 meters from the main sukhumvit. And rooms at The Promenade are nicer...made reservation through www.thepromenade.thailand.com got 800B per night.

quote:

The reason that I changed is because Royal Asia Lodge is located about 500 Meters from the main road but The Promenade is only about 150 meters from the main sukhumvit.

If it distance that worries you the Royal asia run a tuk tuk service to and from Sukhumvit (the way you get it on the sukhumvit side is there is a buzzer on the wall on the first side road on the right as you are facing the Royal asia)

[ July 23, 2001: Message edited by: francie34 ]

Archived