Quietest area of Ko Samui?

bromad1972

Says mysunnyval:

Do you happen to have a Link on the Weekender? Prices? Guest Friendly?

Seems like this could be what I am searching .... Resort, Quiet, near (but not in) the Night Life .....

Sunny

http://www.sawadee.com/samui/weekender/

It is guestfriendly - but you have to be a bit descreet, as they tend to have a lot of families (mostly dutch and scandinavian) there.

It is - as the poster below you stated - right in the nightlife (5 mins by foot - 15 mins comming home :drunk:) but very quiet. And a lot of space between the bungalows.

Could use a renovation job, but I like it just the same.

MaW :applause:

Says mysunnyval:

Do you happen to have a Link on the Weekender? Prices? Guest Friendly?

Seems like this could be what I am searching .... Resort, Quiet, near (but not in) the Night Life .....

Sunny

Guest Friendly?? oh yeah! It's guest friendly ( wink wink..hint...hint.) And they even don't mind bringing back a Bg either.

The area opens onto the beach with a nice pool shaded by the palm trees and has a attractive reception area. Lots of parking in front and has motobike rental at the the desk. Personal saftely deposit boxes behind the desk as well.

Restaurant seemed to be average and it did not have a house bar. Althought the beach bar may have been closed for the off season.

Paid 1000B just before high season rates kicked in for a ground floor suite across on the south side of the pool. Tv Ac, full bath. Easy relaxing place and close to night life.

:drunk:

I stayed at Weekender in 1989. 100 Baht per night (Xmas/ New Year). Your mention of it jogged my memory. What does the place charge nowadays? Are the coconut groves still around? When I left Koh Samui they were being cut down systematically. One used to have the fruit crash to the ground as one was playing volleyball in the grounds. One evening a mate of mine and I were jogging along the beach in between a workout at the MuayThai place and going for a swim and the authorities were fishing a body out of the ocean, right near that area. That's if it's still in the same place.

Look at the website, I have mentioned above. They have all the prices and a lot of pics there.

BUT: I was there 1989 too, and it was about 800 Bath per night.

Sure we mean the same Weekender?

I have heard, that there was a second weekender, which is now gone. This was a kind of hut-place for backpackers.

MaW

Archived