Cholchan hotel - Pattaya

vinod

I traveling to Pattaya for short trip of 3 days starting from 11th August and was planning to stay at Cholchan hotel, beach raod. I would like know a bit more about this hotel from the boardmemebers or anyone stayed in this hotel. I would like to know there guest policy / do they charge extra or in the first place do they allow guests

Tony is 100% correct. Cholchan is WAY out of town!!!!!! It is in the middle of nowhere. Jesus. If you have prepaid, then abandon your deposit and stay in town. Your time is too precious to hassle with Cholchan (formerly Mercure) Hotel. It is a friendly family place that caters to Russians, Chinese, Korean and British old folk who got suckered by tour agencies. Don't even waste one night there. wink.gif" border="0

The bus station is on the edge of town, but your bus will come to Cholchan way before you arrive in town at the bus station. Be sure to laugh and shake your head as you pass Cholchan on your way into town(<--where you'll stay, if you are smart). Note--If you must stay there, you CAN bring girls in, but you will feel like a jerk, and you may get hit at night with a THB500 guest fee. Note#2: A baht bus ride into town costs THB120+, one way.

[ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: vtombrown ]

Archived