Is Assumption University in BKK for real?

chilli13

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"] I do feel sorry for the students though. I have a friend who is taking a business course. The lecturer is some Chinese dude (not sure if it's a PhD student or not). If it's anything like the Chinese dudes I had in the US... man I had a tough time figuring out what they were saying, can you imagine a non-native english speaking Thai trying to decipher that crap?

[/color]

You make me smile by reminding me a funny memory. When I first got to Berkley, freshly the second trip to the US, there was this lecturer in calculus who, after 45 minutes, I understood about 5%. I had to beg to drop the class.

Grant it, I was quite dumb on culculus but, boy, I kept thinking that he was speaking Chinese.!!! :: That was why I could not understand :banghead:

I find the Thai accent is easier to understand than a lot of other Asian accent (not because I was born Thai, mind you). Used to have a few Indians (from south India) in my team that I needed to embarassly ask them to repeat themselves so many times!!!

Accent is really hard to overcome.

Jasmine :devil:

I went to UC also. Luckily, I had some nice, old Jewish prof with a NY accent for my stats classes, but all the other profs for math and science classes were either Indian or Chinese, so I had to change my major if I wanted to graduate.

Now I understand why science and math is on the decline in the US. Nobody can understand their professors.

Their English tends to be better than graduates from other Universities. However, their level of education depends on the student, some are brighter than others :grinyes:

• 3 months later...

Well after having met the girl over the course of severel days I must say she's not exactly the fluent english speaker one could have hoped for, but I did not really expect that either as on chat she couldn't even understand my 'thai' (BG) words :banghead:

On the katoey or NOT part I'd happily announce she's definitely a girl in my book & she looked a lot better than her photos ::

Surpricingly I was able to sustain myself & thus saved the sex part for next times, but overall she was a great openminded girl even not a Chula one :cover:

It's another world out there in LOS :beer:

Archived