Info on Dusit , Pattaya and Bel Air Princess Bk.

Im booked up to go to Bangkok in November with British Airways...First time in Thailand and im trying to get as much info as possible before i land..

Anyone know what the Guest policies are at these hotels?...and if the location is central?

Any help appreciated ...

not stayed in either of them but i believe in the bel aire you are ok if you book a double room, and in the duist it depends on who you listen to. i have read posts where people say no problem, but others say 1000bht joiner fee. i emailed the duist before my virgin trip this may and there anser was guests are allowed, but 900bht joiner fee. also the duist is a way from the action in pattaya, but it is no problem with the baht busses, just hop on one just outside the hotel,and you are in south pattaya in a few mins.i ended up in the amari orchid 50 dollars for a single room and 53 dollars for a double. single room 800bht joiner fee, double room nothing. there are plenty of cheaper hotels closer to the centre which are very nice. i checked on a few whilst i was there and the often mentioned eastiny inn is probably the best for price, location and are good clean rooms

I usually stay at the Bel Aire Princess, fine little hotel. No problem with guests, if you are in a single, you will have to pay a joiner fee. Book a double and they will attempt to make you pay a joiner fee if you bring back different girls on subsequent nights. Just tell them that didn't happen last time you stayed there, nice and calmly, and you will be fine.

I envy you the knowledge you will have prior to your first trip, but one suggestion would be do not learn too much. Part of the initial impact of this amazing place is the sensory overload, the element of the unknown that a new country has, and the thrill of finding out the best things to do through your own experience.

Having said that, if you want any more advice, feel free to ask, I usually travel BA to Bkk every other month, so its a well worn route for me.

Cheers

Soiman

Archived