Phnom Penh air service and prices

NokTang

Post riots and embassy arson, can someone kindly post the current discounted aka cheapest airfares from Bangkok to Phnom Penh. Just want some figures to check to.

JET service only, part two of the inquiry, is Bangkok Airways still flying the small jets or now prop planes?

thanks in advance,

Nok the Kook

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back to the U.S. from the LOS yesterday and am just now getting to the more mundane stuff.

Anyway, took Bangkok Airways twice in three weeks from BKK to PNH. Got ticket from JP Travel (Soi 4, next to Nana Hotel). Fare was 8034 baht RT (was 400 baht cheaper than the Nana Hotel Travel Service...JP always has been for my bookings.) I paid by credit card, otherwise the price would've been about 100 baht cheaper.

Anyway, on all four flights, Bangkok Airways flew new(er) Boeing 717's. Great planes. Jets...not turbo props, etc. All flights on time.

Hmmmm....I can only report on Martini's and since I only went there once (a Sunday night), not a real good basis for reporting. (My Khmer girlfriend stayed with me, so no "need" to go.) On that single night, it was very, very good. Better than all the other times I've gone. Guys were out-numbered 3 or 4 to one and there was an excellent selection of talent. I stress "excellent" (in terms of looks). I got "stalked" a couple times by good-looking 19/20 year olds--a real thrill for an old dude like me :: Like any venue, it can be different on any given day/night.

Hi!

Can you recommend a Hotel in PP?

I would like to stay Riverside (not a must), nice, spacious rooms, Guest Friendly (a must), AC, and in a price Area of around 30$. Suggestions welcome!

Sunny

I've stayed at the Big Luck Hotel (formerly Hong Kong Hotel) on Monivong and about half-way between the river and Martini. Very centrally located to everything. I like the location and the new(er) rooms you would like. Now has a pool, although they charge $2 to use it (unless you can bargain to include it in your room rate). Single will be 20-22 bucks; double, 25; includes breakfast (which I never seem to get up in time for...so have no idea if it's any good). Chinese operated. Has a Big A grocery store (which is similar to Foodland/Villa) and a Big A fast food joint across the street. I go over there for some of my meals and to stock up on stuff for the fridge. If you stay about 5 nights, you can get em to include an airport pickup. You can email them at hongkonghtl@camnet.com.kh or call 855-23-990218.

Thanks for the Info!

Wasn't the Hong Kong Hotel the one that got blown up some 2 years ago? Scary?

Anyway, sounds good what you say about this Hotel!

Anybody been to the Renakse Hotel on the River across from the Palace? Looks nice from the outside, price seems ok as well, but never heard of somebody who stayed there.

Sunny

Says mysunnyval:

Wasn't the Hong Kong Hotel the one that got blown up some 2 years ago? Scary?

Yep, it blew up. Stayed there too, anything said above I can confirm.

Archived