Hotel with nice gym Stairmaster and SteamRoom?...

As phiketpete already mentioned the JW Marriott has quite good facilities as it is rather new.

Another choice you might try is the even larger gym at Dusit Thani (at 946 Rama IV Road, Bangkok 10500, Tel: +66 (0) 2236 9999 Fax: +66 (0) 2236 6400, E-mail: dusitbkk@dusit.com, http://www.dusit.com). Their price level is roughly the same as the Marriott or even lower. Actually I have just found a rate of 3100 THB only via www.hoteleasy.com. That site is worth a check! They even offer a rate of 1800 THB for the Siam Inter Continental, close to the Siam Center. The reason for the low rate must be that they are going to close down that hotel at the end of this year - which is really a pity.

BTW: You might not go on looking for a steam after having walked for some five minutes on the street. See the post "within walking distance" http://www.nanaplaza.com/~nanaplaza/cgi-b2/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=16&t=000159

[ July 28, 2001: Message edited by: charon ]

Can anyone suggest a hotel that has a gym that has PT4000 Stairmasters, Precor units and a steam that is good working order?

Currently looking at the Rembrant because of its location. Thoughts on the Rembrant?

Thanks in advance

crazy.gif" border="0

You might want to try the JW Marriot on Soi 2

It is one of the newest hotels in BKK.(about 2 years)

They have a fairly well equipped gym and spa.

Can not say if they have all of the equipment that ypou mentioned. I am no expert.

There is a substantial amount of equipment and is all new

all I remeber from when I stayed there just prior to its official opening were the bikes, rowing machines and individual TV monitors at each station

[ July 28, 2001: Message edited by: phiketpete ]

If you already are in the neighborhood of Rembrandt, you might as well check out Imperial Queen's Park Hotel on Soi 22. Its gym is one of the better ones in the area. Be sure to demand a corporate discount on your room. The park (out the back door) is quite nice, by the way. I've never had any guest problems, either. smile.gif" border="0

Thank you all for your feedback. I must stay in the are of where the Rembrant is located so I will check of the Queen Impala that one of you recommended.

I am working all week so I enjoy breaking the day with a nice workout and relaxing in the steam room. I found that exercise helps with jet lag.

Since I am coming from the US the jet lag is long and tough. Again thanks smile.gif" border="0

I was at the rembrandt on my last visit and used the work out room. They had a couple bikes a couple stairmsters and a couple of tredmills. I Used the bike and it was fine, the stairmaster was in use but I doubt they were near the current models. As far as a steam room I didn't notice one but it may be in the Spa. I wasn't to impressed with anything at the Rembrandt, from the buffet (a madhouse) the mexican food (shit), and just the overall atmosphere of the place. Like you I stayed there for the location (the convention center) but will not be staying there again. The queens park is just a 15 minute walk of so from there and would be my first choise for the area.

Archived