Wanted: Update on SARs Screening at Don Muang

vic2244

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You should not expect a warm welcome from anyone (and that face mask is going to really make you someone to avoid if more people don't start wearing them here)."

Spotted a few foreigners today wearing masks in the sky train, an asian guy had his real tightly clasped on his face, it hold to his ears with bright yellow bands and had unclear but worrying signs printed on it. Don't think he'll be very popular with the birds ::

Besides I've decided to cancel a business trip to Taiwan. SARS and war... one could dream for a business friendlier environment

It's the universal human condition. One asshole gets involved and everyone else takes it in the mouth.

That's a quip, not a personal attack on anyone.

Does anyone know as yet about passengers who have only transitted through a place like HK. I will be going to Bkk via HK in just over 2 weeks, and would like to know what procedure will be followed for us aussies on arrival. But then again the whole thing could be over with and forgotten by then. ::

Says greedisgood:

I haven't seen the GF since Jan 31st, up in CM, and she told me today "tirak you fly careful, no breathe". ??????!!!!!!!!

I think your GF may have stumbled onto something here, if eveyone refrains from breathing, that would surely prevent transmission :D

Says camerashy:

Does anyone know as yet about passengers who have only transitted through a place like HK. I will be going to Bkk via HK in just over 2 weeks, and would like to know what procedure will be followed for us aussies on arrival. But then again the whole thing could be over with and forgotten by then. ::

I just cancelled my flight with Cathay via HK and booked with JAL via Tokyo. Don't want to take any chances.

Says dsab:
"I have the opposite problem of Rovineye... Her parents and my gf asked me, if we could stay longer. Her parents even offered to pay for it. They want us to stay away..."

That's interesting. I had a very similar situation with my ex-wife's father. Long before SARS, and in fact before we were married, her old man would frequently take me to one side and offer me large sums of money to "just stay away from my fucking daughter". :o

jack :drunk:

Archived