Application of Non-Imm. Cat B. Visa in Hong Kong

Just an update for everyone:

Background Info

With SARS in full swing and the negative information I have heard about the Royal Thai Consulate in Hong Kong issuing Non Immigrant Cat B Visas I thought my application was doomed to fail before it started.

Required Documents

* Applicants passport with 1 copy of main page. The vailidity of the passport must be more than 6 months from the application date and must contain 1 clear page available for visa sticker.

* 2 recent photos of 2 * 2.5 inch size front view with clean face

* A letter of guarantee from the employer with authorized signature and company seal stamp with details about the purpose of the visit to Thailand and a copy of the company registration. A copy of ID card of the authorized signatory is also required.

* A letter from the Thai business counterpart with authorized signatory and company seal stamp, stating the details about the visit to Thailand together with a copy of the certificate of company registration issued by the Thai authority. A cop of ID card of the companys signatory is also required.

* A copy of company's list of shareholders certified by the commerical registration department, ministry of commerce or the pertinent documents certified by the commerical registration department, stating business classification, name of partners, board of directors, committee and objectives. Also acquire the list of objective of the business.

What Happened

Walked in to the visa section , I had 1 person ahead of me.

Waited roughly 5 minutes to be served.

Took 3-5 minutes to submit documentation.

Paid 160 HKD processing fee.

Told to pick up the visa tommorrow afternoon.

Ultimately, a very easy and quick process.

NOTE: My Non Immigrant Cat B visa was to support my permanent move to Bangkok with my Thai wife.

Its that easy ::.

Sanukboot.

Archived