Diamond Beach Pattaya - Questions?

Lamock Chokaprret

The Diamond Beach is clean but old, and a lot of the furniture and fixtures show their age. There is no joiner fee, but the guard at the elevator will want to check the girl's ID.

The DB doesn't have a website, but if you're using IE, you can check out some photos of it at a review I did by clicking on the link below.

Diamond Beach Hotel Review

(Moderator - if this violates the "links" policy, please let me know and I'll remove it)

I like the Diamond on soi Diamond. 800 Baht for a decent clean room. Decent breakfast. TV, but not a lot of channel selection. Refrigerator. Roof top swimming pool with an excellant ocean view. Best of all, crawling distance from the night life. Avoid, like the plague, the adjoining massage parlor.

Thanks for the info. I didn't find it too run down. In fact, I liked the lobby area with the swimming pool and balconies overlooking same. Also, amazingly quiet considering the assault on your senses when you go out the front doors.

Also, the guard wasn't real interested in checking my girlfriend's ID. We saw several of them and they more or less just waved us through (very politely I might add) after showing our key. And that only sometimes. I should reiterate that I wasn't passing through with a multitude of girls, just the one that came with me.

I booked for two and was charged 750 / night. Oh and I suggest you go elsewhere for your breakfast. The buffet looked pretty lame so we never tried it.

For the benefit of others that might be considering the Diamond Beach here's my review:

1. Outstanding location. Literally on top of Walking St.

2. Relatively Low Prices.

3. Decent Pool.

4. Rooms are generally clean but the fixtures such as the bed, linen, carpet, lights, tables are all Very Old. This hotel reminds me of the Nana Hotel.

5. Staff is helpful.

6. I am trying the Pattaya Centre Hotel next trip as I'm looking for a nicer room and if it doesn't work out I'll try something else.

I'll give 2 stars for the hotel. It's located off Walking Street and on Soi Diamond and it's very noisy. But if you like things like this, you might enjoy this hotel and location.

Try their web-site at www.diamond-beach.com/ and of course, web-site always look much better than the actual place. smile.gif" border="0

I have been a long-time guest (many years) of this hotel. I agree with all the comments above. The best thing by far is the location. The price is fair but you can do better elsewhere for what you get. The biggest negative is that the furniture and plumbing are old and there seems to be no effort to replace or upgrade things. The service is average with many new faces in the last two years. Overall, they are letting things slide and things/service are getting worse and not better.

On my last trip to Pattaya I switched hotels (have been disappointed with the service and no signs of trying to improve things) to one on Soi two. Same price but the household furnishings, amenities and service were exceptional. I got the feeling it is a brand new hotel or more importantly felt like a new one. Everything was bright, clean and new with great service. There is no comparison so won't be going back to diamond beach. You can do much better for what you get/pay for. I learned that I had to do some comparative shopping and had gotten into a rut of using the same OLD place!

Respecfully submitted,

Cardinalblue

Archived