Grand President - credit card details etc.

fatbastard33

I have stayed several times at the Grand President this year (Jan, Feb, April and May) and have always e mailed them beforehand to make my bookings. No hassle at all.

However, I have now booked for early September and they are wanting details of my credit card in order to guarantee my reservation and if I cancel within 24 hours of my arrival date I will be charged. This has never happened before.

Have others found there has been a change in their policy?

Fatbastard33

No problems, I given CC details, run 12 hours before I got there and delay the booking by a week, they upgraded me when I got there the following week.

If you don't send the details, they are unlikely to turn you away.

I'd send them, I have had no trouble with these guys in any respect at all.

quote:

Originally posted by fatbastard33:

I have stayed several times at the Grand President this year (Jan, Feb, April and May) and have always e mailed them beforehand to make my bookings. No hassle at all.

However, I have now booked for early September and they are wanting details of my credit card in order to guarantee my reservation and if I cancel within 24 hours of my arrival date I will be charged. This has never happened before.

Have others found there has been a change in their policy?

Fatbastard33

Requesting credit card details is more and more of a problem with hotels. If you have stayed at the hotel several times then I suggest you make a point of telling them (but don't lose your temper). Its worked for me in the past.

After a few E mails in which Ms Kwan (from Grand President) states that it is their new policy to ask for credit card details and also the need to cancel 24 hours prior to the DATE of arrival otherwise the first night will be charged against the credit card.

However, have now reached agreement that no credit card information will be required and I can cancel (without charge) upto 6 pm on my expected date of arrival.

Fatbastard33

On this topic, I consider it crazy to send credit card details when traveling 24hours at the mercy of the airline.

Just wondering if anyone has simply give a false number! Do they actually get authorization prior to accepting the reservation like in some countries like USA. I doubt it.

regards,

nok

Archived