Rumchitt Plaza/Rumchitt Lodge BKK

thefezman

Location wise its well placed for Thermae, Clinton Plaza, Eden and not far from Nana. However I have stayed at both and left after one night, the Plaza being the worst. Dirty rooms, noisy and in the three rooms they offered me the air conditioner did not work.

There are a lot more good places to stay both location and condition wise, just search this thead.

Chris

[ August 15, 2001: Message edited by: Ckrisg ]

I've stayed at Ruamchitt Plaza, above Thermae. It is just okay, right at my "bottom" level as far as quality. Never had an AC problem myself and the staff is friendly. Location is super above Thermae. They will try ID checks but you can wave them off if so inclined. The TV sucks, small and only a few channels. With a few minor improvements like TV and towell quality could be a much nicer choice.

Never looked at the Lodge accross street.

regards,

Nok

Hi,I stayed in the lodge last January,had booked with Asia Travel.The place is very basic,but ok for the price I suppose , then 700 a night. No hassles bringing girls back,just once was I.D. checked after numerous others had come back with me.The Lodge was in a very quiet soi,and the location is excellent.It's ok if you don't spend too much time in the room bar fun and sleep.ALL-THE-BEST-AUSSIEJOHN.

I stayed there in April 01. It's definitely on the lower end of the scale. The Air con didn't work the rooms were old and dirty. I would never stay there again, though the location can't be beat. Try the Grand President, clean rooms and reasonable price.

Chok Dee Khrup!

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed in Rumchitt Plaza Nov 2000 for one night.Room ok but is a fire trap as in the night they lock stair way and have no key at desk because it is a message parlar.

My advice try Nana or Dynasty smile.gif" border="0

i stayed at the plaza myself in july of 2000, like the others say it was very basic and over priced but the location was good, right above the the thermae. But all in all in no hurry to return but it did have a nice swimming pool.

Archived