Australia V West Indies

Torneyboy

Australia have retained the Sir frank Trophy today after just 2 tests.

And Mcgrath has just arrived!! :bow:

A lot of hundreds in this game.

Half the team have not had a bat yet in this series.

Hope it doesnt have a bad influence on the rest of the tests and one dayers.

ACB announced today contracted players get a pay rise.

Minimu retainer $125k AUD and match fees increased by 10%

$12100.00 per test and $4850 for a one day game..not bad for 5 or 6 hours work? :angel:

This tour is 4 tests and at least 6 one day games do the Math.

Plus thier individual sponsor contracts etc etc .

I might get my pads out of the attic and find a bat and head to a park and hope a selector sees me ::

We won this just as I was pulling up at work (again). West Indies 9 out, still 130 behind. ABC radio had 2 West Indians commentating. After a lucky 4 runs had been scored, one commentator said, "Don't rule out the West Indies just yet."

His mate replied, "There's more chance of you becoming prime minister of Iraq. And they're in need of a leader."

Probably had to be there, but this was priceless at the time (430am!!!)

Great stuff by the lads in any case.

As for the money, they're worth every cent. I may just take up the ACB's offer and play a few games!

Says Redbaron:

We won this just as I was pulling up at work (again). West Indies 9 out, still 130 behind. ABC radio had 2 West Indians commentating. After a lucky 4 runs had been scored, one commentator said, "Don't rule out the West Indies just yet."

His mate replied, "There's more chance of you becoming prime minister of Iraq. And they're in need of a leader."

Probably had to be there, but this was priceless at the time (430am!!!)

Great stuff by the lads in any case.

As for the money, they're worth every cent. I may just take up the ACB's offer and play a few games!

My thoughts as well but i think there is a little selection process that may get us unstuck BTW.

PS did you notice NTG results of her questions?

You did very well......................................NOT :neener:

With Glenn back i think the other 2 tests may (hope) be over a bit quicker? :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...

Third Test ( 9 dec for 609)

Ponting another ton and another for the man steve waugh now 30 hundreds one more than the DON.

Steve said it will be hard work to get twenty wickets on this pitch.

Time will tell..shame it is on so late a night ,

Well 3rd test is over an a good win by 9 wickets.

Do you think Lara will put us in next test...or ever again??

over 1200 runs scored..and LBW what a joke some of those were.

4 and final test..can Steve and the boys be the first team to white wash the Windies at home??

Saw a bit from LOS. 1st innings was good (4th test) and close. Only saw the results of the 3rd. Ton each by Langer and Hayden good to start with!

I did see the results (NTG Thread). Me and my mate Mr 400 (who's bigger and scarier than me btw) will be coming to Sydney soon! :neener: 3 tg's 3 farang boys. NOOOO :banghead:

Archived