Hotel Bel-Air Soi 5

Hi Wafermap.

Stayed there a couple of times. Nice middle of the road Family hotel. However if you are asking about guest friendliness give them a miss. Definately unfriendly and the joiner fee was 600 baht but my guest was definately not made welcome!!

Cheers Hall

I stay at the Bel-Aire all the time. Ideal place and guest friendly. Although you have to pay a 'guest fee', they phone you when she leaves to make sure everything is ok. Usually stay for 3/4 nights and do not levy this fee every night. The place has a nice pool to chill out at but bring your own drinks. Also there is a good chance for a room upgrade if you smile and ask politely. The hotel is ideally situated just off Sukhumvit and the cost from the airport should be no more than 300 baht. the guys that do the door are good fun and if you need advice on nocturnal activities just ask them. expect to pay no more than 1000 baht/night. good luck.

quote:

Originally posted by OffQuay:

Ideal place and guest friendly. Although you have to pay a 'guest fee', they phone you when she leaves to make sure everything is ok. Usually stay for 3/4 nights and do not levy this fee every night.

Huh? 'Guest fee' and 'guest friendly' are mutually incompatible. And that call from the front desk simply illustrates that they're paying too much attention to your guest-related activities. Same facts, opposite conclusion: If you have to pay a guest fee and if the hotel is paying careful enough attention to know that your little rent-a-rak has just departed the building, then the place can be termed neither ideal nor guest friendly.

I actually have stayed stayed there twice, they were almost what I'd characterize as anal retentive about the guest situation. Plus the rooms are totally hit or miss; the first time the room was lovely but the second time on a different floor it was shabby.

I'd give it a miss.

"The hotel is ideally situated just off Sukhumvit and the cost from the airport should be no more than 300 baht. the guys that do the door are good fun and if you need advice on nocturnal activities just ask them. expect to pay no more than 1000 baht/night. good luck."

Just off Sukhumvit? It is all those ways at the end of Soi 5. Almost a 10 minute walk to Sukhumvit. Where did you find 1000 baht/night? I believe I paid 1600 through a travel agent. They have the keys attached to a big wooden key chain so that you don't take the key with you. I've heard that this is common in Europe, but I absolutely hate it. Everytime you want to go in and out you have to start dealing with the front desk, what a pain! Jay

Bier Garden, Soi 7 is 5 minutes walk, NEP 10 mins. Don't know about you guys but I'd rather not room above these places. Trailfinders in the UK have the Bel-Aire @ £17 sterling for a double. As they say in Thailand 'up to you'.........

If you want to be really smart apply for a Dusit Hotels Gold card too(it's free) and you will get better treatment, a free upgrade to a deluxe and some other stuff. Just visit their website. And no i don't work for them! crazy.gif" border="0

Archived