Perky?

Lamock Chokaprret

Most Americans use this word to describe a person that is lively, maybe a little exuberant, bouncy, etc. The closest I've been able to come in Thai is:

chee-wit chee-wah = lively

Any others that are more accurate?

And we also use it to describe a woman's breasts, but I doubt the word I've used above would work in that context. Any suggestions? I won't presume to describe perky tits because we all know them when we see them.

And what about air-head? Any Thai colloquialisms to cover that adjective which we all know covers many of the bgs. I suggest:

ting-tong - missing a few marbles (not quite on the mark)

hoo-uh mai dee - stupid (too insensitive)

I'm looking for sort of a playful word in this last.

"Perky" is derived from a Middle English verb "to perk" which meant "to lift up one's head and/or thrust oneself forward" i. e. as if straining to peep over a tall punter's shoulder at a go-go bar sex show :o. Describing a bird's tits as "perky", thus, would make perfect sense ? knockers that lift and thrust, as all the best knockers do :p. (The word "pert", also frequently addressed to a gal's outstanding bristols :), derives from the same ME source.) With this etymology in mind, the figurative employment of the same adjective "perky" in modern US English, to mean "up, cheerful, lively" is more logical than the definition of British English "perky" given by the OED: "self-assertive, saucy". Both forms are slang-oriented, but, derivationally speaking, this is one of the extremely rare instances in which American English makes more sense than its British counterpart. :neener:

You'd do well to describe your cock as "perky" to a bird, particularly in an American accent ;).

jack :drunk:

Archived