Multi-entry permit on O visa - papers?

Just came back from a visa run with my 3 month O visa and need to go over to Suan Plu to get a multi-entry permit stamp. Does anyone know if any paperwork is required or do you just hand over the 1000 baht?

Also, when I go to get it extended to the one year visa, do I need to provide the same documentation as when I got my visa overseas? Is there a requirement that I make the application 30 days before the visa expires?

Re entry permit requires filling out a two sided form with photo attached and payment of 500 (single) or 1000 (multi), turning them in and waiting about 2 hours. Be aware that this permit is only valid until an extension stamp is put into your passport - you will need a new one then.

From other post see you are married to a Thai so assume you plan to extend on basis of support. For that you go to immigration a couple of days (they may accept up to 30 days early but not more). You wife will also need to go with you and you will need a letter from Thai bank that you have about 250k in an account here (can be joint) and be able to show that the funds come from overseas (wire transfer chits/bank statements or whatever). You should ask for letter a couple of days before you plan to go to immigration as they may have to get from bank hqs. You will also need photos together to prove it is a real marriage. Marriage certificate/copy. Bank book/copies. Her id card/copy. Her home register/copies. Your passport/copies. Your arrival card/copy. All copies signed by you, she or both.

Thank you lopburi3 for your very quick and seemingly thorough response:

Re entry permit requires filling out a two sided form with photo attached and payment of 500 (single) or 1000 (multi), turning them in and waiting about 2 hours. Be aware that this permit is only valid until an extension stamp is put into your passport - you will need a new one then.

From other post see you are married to a Thai so assume you plan to extend on basis of support. For that you go to immigration a couple of days (they may accept up to 30 days early but not more). You wife will also need to go with you and you will need a letter from Thai bank that you have about 250k in an account here (can be joint) and be able to show that the funds come from overseas (wire transfer chits/bank statements or whatever). You should ask for letter a couple of days before you plan to go to immigration as they may have to get from bank hqs. You will also need photos together to prove it is a real marriage. Marriage certificate/copy. Bank book/copies. Her id card/copy. Her home register/copies. Your passport/copies. Your arrival card/copy. All copies signed by you, she or both.

But I do have some questions.

1. You sound like you've been through it before. Is that correct or is your information second hand? Excuse the implication but the fact of the matter is that I've gotten some bad advice on this board based on anecdotal knowledge.

2. Does the marriage certificate have to be Thai registered? My wife and I got married in the US and that was OK at the embassy where I went. Presumably it should be acceptable here but TIT.

3. The bank letter is to state that funds have been transferred?

4. This may be more rhetorical of a question than anything else, but why must the funds be present in Thailand? With an ATM I can get the funds here as I need them. Shouldn't any bank statement do?

Thanks in advance for your response.

1. You sound like you've been through it before. Is that correct or is your information second hand? Excuse the implication but the fact of the matter is that I've gotten some bad advice on this board based on anecdotal knowledge.

2. Does the marriage certificate have to be Thai registered? My wife and I got married in the US and that was OK at the embassy where I went. Presumably it should be acceptable here but TIT.

3. The bank letter is to state that funds have been transferred?

4. This may be more rhetorical of a question than anything else, but why must the funds be present in Thailand? With an ATM I can get the funds here as I need them. Shouldn't any bank statement do?

1. Yes

2. Believe they could ask for Thai translation but don't know. Mine was registered here.

3. The bank letter says the funds are in your account here. Your bank book should show transfer and bank can provide wire receipts if needed. You probably could use ATM receipts or other proof but believe they prefer wire transfers.

4. Because. That is the rule. This is proof that there are funds incountry to provide basic support for your wife for the period of your visa extension. Would you trust a foreign bank statement?

Archived