J W Marriott

thai3

Stayed for three nights and I cannot think of anything really that is negative about this place. Fanstastic room overlooking NEP,so nice I did not want to go out so much.Huge bathroom with tub and shower, marble and glass everywhere.Very friendly staff and the most guest friendly hotel I have ever stayed in. If you can get it for around 4,000 baht it is easily the best value around sukhumvit.

Pity I have moved to the Manhattan, this is surprisingly grim when you see the rooms and the regulations on the wall -peter

Peter,

How did you get such a good deal on the room rate? I checked marriott's webpage and the cheapest room was like $120.00US frown.gif" border="0

The rooms do look nice as well as the facilities, but $120 per nite is just too much.

I too loved the Marriott, but it did stop me from venturing to SC on my first trip. You can get rates of US$95 or 105 by booking through a travel agent. Some T/agents can book you a package including airfare that works out approx 25% cheaper overall - downside is that you cannot change your itinary.

I will try the Sheraton GP on my next trip as you can mix between both NP & SC, especially good if you need to avoid a BG who has become too attached. I've also read some good reports on upgrades to suites with jacuzzi - sounds fun with a couple of BG cuties!!!!

Steve

quote:

Originally posted by sparky:

Peter,

Roomsdirect.com, but the woman at the travel agent at the tai pan said she could get for 3,700 baht-peter

How did you get such a good deal on the room rate? I checked marriott's webpage and the cheapest room was like $120.00US
frown.gif" border="0

The rooms do look nice as well as the facilities, but $120 per nite is just too much.

Archived