Changing schools - visa info

I have recently changed schools and my old school cancelled my work permit on 16th May 2003 consequently my non -immigrant B visa expires 7 days later.

I started at a new school on 12th May 2003 and they have initiated the process of renewing my work permit which they say will take a month to process.

My current visa now expires on 23rd of May(originally valid until 23rd July). What is the best course of action to take? Do i need to leave the country? Can I extend it can my school obtain an extension whilst in the process of renewing my work permit?

Any advice gratefully recieved.

Gives me the shits to hear this 'takes a month' or even more bullshit, its purely the schools inability to organise itself and laziness in dealing with the labour office.

When ECC for example wants to contract a new teacher, it takes them all of two visits, over a week and a half, supposedly you have to be present at the labour office now when getting the work permit, they want to actually set eyes on you, maybe they think there are too many terrorists being issued with teaching permits! ::

Government schools seem to be the worst, I know of one that cancelled the teachers contracts 2 months early because they needed the money for some other 'project' yet told the teachers not to apply for another job until the contract is supposed to runout, purely because they are tooo fukin lazy to change the contract dates with the labour office and cancel the damn work permit themselves. If you go and apply for another job or start working the school gets a 2000 baht fine, which the told the teachers they would have to pay! ::

Archived