Faxing Credit Card Details !!

In July I stayed at the Stable Lodge Hotel, having reserved a room on the internet prior to my trip.

I have recently tried to reserve a room with them again in January, and they have asked me to fax over my credit card number and a copy of my signature to enable them to take a deposit for the first night's accomodation.

Any comments about this ? I can't help thinking about potential problems.

I've never heard of Stable Lodge. Where the hell is it? As far as the hotels repeatedly referenced in this section go, I would not really worry about giving them credit card info. But, this "Stable Lodge" place seems a bit out of the ordinary. Why don't you stay at one of the places that your fellow board members stay? (...At least for the first night--then, if you want to take advantage of Stable Lodge's "deal," you can show them your credit card in person.) smile.gif" border="0

Fellow Board Members: I am not paranoid about credit card fraud, but there is something else about Stable Lodge that stinks a bit, don't y'all agree? crazy.gif" border="0

[ September 18, 2001: Message edited by: vtombrown ]

If you charged your July stay with them, they should be able to look up the cc number you used at the time. I've done this at other places, but I've also faxed my number as well. In fact, I just did it today. When you stayed there before did they look like the kind of place that would try and rip you off? I've read mixed reviews about accomodations there, but haven't heard of anyone getting ripped off there either. If your going back, you probably think they're OK, so I wouldn't sweat it. Of course, up 2 u ...

I sent the Stable Lodge an e-mail yesterday reminding them that I stayed there in July, and they replied to me that they would reserve the room without deposit.

Stable Lodge Hotel is on Soi 8 off Sukhumvit. It is used by my fellow board members and I would say it offers very good value for money.

quote:

Originally posted by Wallet Locust:

I sent the Stable Lodge an e-mail yesterday reminding them that I stayed there in July, and they replied to me that they would reserve the room without deposit.

Stable Lodge Hotel is on Soi 8 off Sukhumvit. It is used by my fellow board members and I would say it offers very good value for money.

Walking Wallet,

Where exactly is Stable Lodge in soi 8? opposite Promenade? Tell us more, swimming pool? state of rooms? price? restaurant, quality of breakfast?

Thanks

I think most places are hurting for business, and a deposite should not be neccessary.

Use a take it or leave it stance.

( lots of other places to stay)

I've booked via email in Phuket a few times recently ( past 2 years) never a hassell or cc info asked for)

The cc deposite idea is really a joke anyway, any good cc provider ( like citibank) will reverse the charge if you are a good customer, and have a ligit complaint. ( like they charge you for an extra day if you don't arrive on time.)

Thalenoi,

the web site for the hotel is www.stablelodge.com This should tell you most of what you want to know.

There have been quite a few posts on the board about this hotel in the past, and I find that is ideal for me.

I don't look for luxury but I do want a clean comfortable en suite room with A/C, tv and a fridge

Guest policy is also good.If you are popping back with a short time friend in early evening then no problem. If returning late at night with company then they might want ID card deposited.

The restaurant is pretty good too, but as for breakfast,no idea as I am never up early enough !!

Archived