PENTHOUSE HOTEL - Pattaya

vinod

I've stayed there before and here are some points positive and negative.

It's right in the middle of the gogo bars on soi Pattayaland and the hotel is guest friendly. Some of the rooms above the disco can be noisy and there is a lot of noise from the street. The rooms at the back are a little quieter. They are currently installing a lift so no more hiking up the stairs. However the hotel always seems to have building work going on and I got fed up of being woken at 8 every morning by someone knocking down walls next door.

Also I think the rooms are expensive. The Penthouse has it's own gogo downstairs though so now you'll never have any excuses for going home alone.

The hotel does have a 24 hr cafe down stairs and obviously 24 hr room service. I prefer a more conventional hotel but as they say in Thailand, up to you...

Stayed there for a week last September. Definately not your average hotel. Has a sort of 'boutique' feel to it with all the pillows and stuffed animals. I stayed in one of the mid-grade rooms and it had mirrors all over where the bed was.

Sorry to hear about the construction, I plan on going back late next spring/early summer. Hope they're finished by then.

They didn't have an elevator during my stay, but I was in a room almost directly above the reception area and the stairs were no problem.

Plusses:

No problem with the staff, clean rooms, extensive mini-bar. They could care less who you bring to your room (like Nana hotel). Good room service. Dial-up intenet computer next to reception desk was handy.

Negatives:

No pool. I encountered some real nutty people who stay there for some reason.

Next visit I might try the room with the dancing pole in the middle! smile.gif" border="0

-=/NN

Archived