what to do

allatsea2000

hey guys, u have all helped me out on some previous posts, so i hope u can help here. going back to los in late january early feb, staying about 3 weeks,. Last time stayed in bangkok for 4 days then down to pattaya and jomtiem, then ko samet for a while. Last time got a package or accom included for bangkok stayed at the pathawan princess. At pattaya stayed at the globetrotter in on the top floor, cost 600 baht/night. Have read some packages which includes say two nights bangkok, then say about 8 or ten days in phuket for about $1289, . I dont know which way would work out cheapest, maybe just get cheap airfare then organise own accomodation, or get package for half and organise rest when get there.

Whats your thoughts, probably stay in bangkok max 4 nights then say phuket for about 10 days, then up to pattaya to say gday and cut loose for about a week. what are your thoughts, tour, or self organise with say a air pass i dont know

thanks for your comments

graham

Suggest you get your cheap airfare, arrange your own hotels. Easy to do on the internet, I've had no problems except occasionally not getting the type of room I've booked (this will happen no matter how you book, there never seems to be an appreciation for this). Also you'll get much more choice on hotels and price ranges. Take a look at Hotel Thai website (www.hotelthai.com), for example.

Hi allatsea2000,

Haven't you heard Premier Beattie requires you to holiday at home this year !! lol.

Seriously though I have made semi annual trips to Thailand for 12 years. Over that time I have found it just as cheap to book individual flights within Thailand with Thai air when I arrive. The airpass requires a minimum of 4 sectors and ties you into confirming one sector before you get to LOS. If you do a return trip to closer points to BKK say Khon Kean and Buriram the airpass actually works out dearer. To benefit from the airpass you would have to do four long sectors i.e Bkk-CR and Bkk-Phuket and even then the saving is marginal.

With regard to airfares and accomodation I always book a package with QF which gives me a Sydney-Bkk return airfare and usually five nights accommodation and then book any further accomodation when I'm in Thailand.Or if I'm staying in one spot I book all accomodation with QF. The current Qantas Thai Brochure has accommodation at the 4 and a half star Radisson 5 nights pay 4 incl.breakfast for $AUD60 per night. (About $US30.) Even after the initial 5 days at theRadiisson the cost only raises to $AUD 75 per night incl. breakfast which is still damn good value.I have yet to find a travel agent on line or walk in that can come close to that sort of value for money.

Of course forget all the foregoing if you are just after a b/g holiday and stay at the Nana currently about $AUD50 per night for 2 star accommodation. Hope some of that helps.

Have a good trip.

Cheers Hall

Archived