The Big P Weekend

ultras67

Well, it wasn't really a weekend, more of a Wednesday, Thursday, Friday night but you get the drift I hope.

It took just a little while to get down to the big P on the bus and on the way I looked out the window far more than previous times and saw a fair view things that I hadn't noticed before - either that I have a memory like a goldfish and had forgotten I had seen them before. Entirely possible.

I got the 5 pm bus which meant I was round the Sri Racha area at sunset. If you get the chance to go down by car and stop where you want, take it. Some of the sunset views are well worth a look. We passed a Wat at just the right time and at one particular angle the purply reddish orange sunset was glistening each individual tile. Just one of these moments which make you think life is beautiful after all.

It was just a shame about the goddam telephone / electricity poles and wires that were spoiling the view! :cussing:

Got there about 7ish and decided to be a new man this time and try as many new places as possible. So I checked into the Riveria Beach hotel in Soi Post Office, which in some ways was a mistake as for reasons that will become obvious later.

They had a choice of 350B or 400B room with ac and tv. Having looked at both, I would recommend going for the 400s, they are much bigger and mine had a balcony on onto Post Office, which a nice view of the girls sitting or dancing at the entrance of Spricy Bar, Golden Girls and Pump Station.

Had a shower, shave and s? and went out the front door. Immediately pounced apon by a trio from Spricy. After a momentous struggle with me pleading that I was on my way to a painting class, I was forcibly dragged into the bar and made to climb the stairs with a beer in hand. 30 minutes later I was tired but happy and had made a new friend. But then every time I came out of the hotel, it was HELOOO!!! Oops, mental note, don't do that again.

But one night walking back alone around 2.15 who do I bump into. Shes cute, gave good service so I think, why not and drag her to my room. But not before I had to pay a bar fine ! This was after 2am though. She said that her boss was watching from the door and that as she lived above the bar she had to get a BF everytime she went out. Even if the bar was shut.

Could this be right or just a way of her getting more money ?

But, she was worth it. :grinyes:

Anyway here are some of the changes I have noticed and some of the new places I went to but rarely see reviewed.

Peppermint a gogo - bar fine seems now to be a standard 500B, used to have signs showing different amounts for show girls, serving girls, standard girls, only one price now shown. They have installed a glass cage where white shirted and black short skirted girls "exercise" and play ping pong or what ever. I would have thought they would get colds wearing no knickers but?. They have introduced Money Balls. Basically, you buy ping-pong balls for 20B each and throw them, the girl who catches the ball, gets your money. Cue mad scrambling of girls to fight for balls. A good way of letting a girl know you're interested! Also lets you tip a girl if you want instead of it going to the checkbin. Girls friendly. Closing time 2.30am or 2.45am

Hooters a gogo - this is the sister bar of Electric Blue and they too have a glass cage. It was about 20 min before closing so 1 of the 2 girls inside was actually sleeping. Other girls were also not interested. :sleeping: Closed 2.30am

Big Willies a gogo upstairs in Soi Diamond is a relatively new place I hadn't noticed before - opened Nov 2003. The staff have t shirts with the Thai - English bar girl dictionary i.e.

English Thai

what is your name ? whats the name of my future boyfriend

what do you do ? do you have enough money to support me, my Thai husband, our 3 kids, my mother, father?? etc

girls good looking but very little interaction. most guys were on their own. A sign said that for 4500B you can buy the staff a round. The bar just outside was mobbed with Cobra Gold yanks and FLs desperate to catch them.

Diamond a gogo - They were advertising a dance contest there - the 7th aparently - whether its as wild as the Nanapong I have no idea, might be worth finding out. Mayor of Pattaya or P127 - do you know ? Apart from 1 guy, who had 7! girls around him with lady drinks, again most guys were on their own. I thought the girls would be desperate for business or a least a drink but ?..

There seems to be a new complex of beer bars opposite Tony's but it was very quiet. Hardly any customers.

Marine disco closes around 2.30am now.

The beer bars opposite Marine close, well, at least 4am as that?s when I gave up - as long as they don?t play music. At almost all other locations beer bars close at 2am and the girls move to the Marine area.

There is a change of name I think, below Polo Entertainment there is now Amazon a gogo. Didn?t get a chance to inside. Also noticed a place under Polo called DJ Cafe that was open 'til around 3.30am, the girl I was with said it was a club but she didn?t like it and didn?t want to go in, so don?t know what it is like.

Perfect bar on soi 6/1? ( the one immediately beside soi 6 ) has 2 short time rooms in the back with just a mattress on the floor and they looked somewhat dingy. Only 3 girls there, all of whom were average on my scale.

King Kong was a disappointment in a way. the girls are still as grabby as ever but when I asked if the girl was a 3 holer, she said, I am lady ! not katoey! I said ok, no problem, what girl is, she pointed to the katoey sitting at the bar !! I said I wanted a girl not a katoey and she repeated I am lady not katoey and stomped off. I had heard that they were good at the cross recommendations, maybe not.

Because of the Buddha day last Thursday, some fun was curtailed but it had the usual Pattaya compromise. Most gogos were shut but Perfect a gogo in Soi Post Office was open as they have a small dance room upstairs but the girls were high mileage - downstairs was lights on and chairs on tables. Tim on 2nd road was open through side entrance but no pole dancing inside. Some beer bars were open and some shut - about a 50/50. The ones that were open had dimmed lights and no music.

Apart from that, everything was same same. Still have a list of new places to go to though.

So many bars, only one liver !

Archived